How did you get/make your gamer tag?

fablaze

My first gaming name was GeoffatOU... ET was my first multiplayer internet game and I just needed anything to get past the setup the screen. I was attending OU at the time and that was the first thing that came to mind... I know, very imaginative. So naturally that progressed to TulsaGeoff when I moved back to Tulsa. Having a name that incorporated my located has actually resulted in meeting two of my best friends that I went to school with and also I met a mechanic that fixed one of my cars at a great price :)

In MMO games, I always go with the name DamageDealer. It's from one of my old gaming buddies that used to use the name DMGdealer as an alias in ET. I think its is just a bad ass name. 

I've also aliased with Monster in the past since I love Monster energy drinks and it sounds like beast name. 

when i made my CoD 4 account, i was called "intheyear21xx"
then i changed it to Google+
the reason behind that is because i was searching Google for cool gamer names and then it just hit....Google+
now my name is GoogleMaps, because i rely on the GoogleMaps app on my phone to find, and pick up, my booty calls [;
so there, that's why i've settle on the name, GoogleMaps

MY name? in game its: a spicy nacho

I honestly get a laugh when i think that other people will see when i killed them in game, "you've been killed by: a spicy nacho"

I took the idea from a copyright lol, Doritos. The flavor is called spicy nacho. I was sitting and eating lunch one day, and my friend pulled out a bag, and randomly out loud stated, "spicy nacho" and that's when it hit me. 

Thats it! Most people confuse me with being Mexican, and are baffled when they learn i speak Polish with the other players in the server. However i do speak Spanish, Polish, and English, Fluently :P

I swear I've seen this before

I used to rock the name Aevo back in the days when I was in *LMS* when Wolfenstein ET first came out and has been a nickname through a few shooters. Back when my homie Sin played as LadyRaevyn for a clan (I think is was DARK) I remember jumping in game and she aliased as SiD for S'n'G. I liked the name and stole it after a while hah. 

I played under SiD in a few games for about  a year before 'the Vicious' was tagged on. In part it was because of my playstyle in PvP (gankin' 24/7 yo) but more to the fact that I was a ragin' a**h**** on TS lol  When i was having a bad day, every other word started with an F. So douche clanmates tagged me as Sid the Vicious.

Edit: Found it! Older topic! http://fearless-assassins.com/topic/52523-how-did-you-come-up-with-your-game-alias/page-1

I've been using mine for about 8 or 9 years now for every game, and it started with ET. I use to change my name everyday because I was bored... and one day I saw a picture with Venom (from Spiderman) in it and... bada-big,bada-boom.  :money:

Loving some of the tag origins.  Just like A Spicy Nacho, I chose Double Aids because I thought it would be funny to be killed by Double Aids.  

There was someone once who took exception to my name, they refused to understand it is an entirely fictitious disease!  I think it came from Team America - World Police. 

Apparently Triple Aids is even worse.

Loving some of the tag origins.  Just like A Spicy Nacho, I chose Double Aids because I thought it would be funny to be killed by Double Aids.  

There was someone once who took exception to my name, they refused to understand it is an entirely fictitious disease!  I think it came from Team America - World Police. 

Apparently Triple Aids is even worse.

I didn't realize you ever played on Team America! That used to be the server I lived on.

To avoid getting off topic, here's how I got mine. I made up the name Draperion when I was a child and have just used it ever since cause I'm not creative enough to think of another good screen name.

Played Halo 2. Enjoyed playing as the Heretic, I mean who didn't?

When I started playing Halo PC's MP I felt like I needed to make it more original, so I tagged 121 on the end...

That was ~8 years ago.

Lots of action figures and Saturday morning cartoons.

Used to play under "Mr.SelfDestruct" then "Sgt.Slaughter" but neither would fit once I started joining clans, so I just went with the show it came from.

Edited by GI-JOE
  • Like 2

I always had huge respect for the Greek partisans that resisted German occupation during WWII (one of them is depicted on my avatar).

Also, the song "The Partisan" by Leonard Cohen has always been a favourite of mine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oG4ndbhOkpI

When they poured across the border
I was cautioned to surrender,
this I could not do;
I took my gun and vanished.
I have changed my name so often,
I've lost my wife and children
but I have many friends,
and some of them are with me.

An old woman gave us shelter,
kept us hidden in the garret,
then the soldiers came;
she died without a whisper.

There were three of us this morning
I'm the only one this evening
but I must go on;
the frontiers are my prison.

Oh, the wind, the wind is blowing,
through the graves the wind is blowing,
freedom soon will come;
then we'll come from the shadows.

GR is simply an abbreviation for my country of origin.

Edited by The Partisan GR
  • Like 1

I've always used CheepHeep. Was the name of my first pet chicken :P

My uncle used to raise fighting cocks in Bakersfield.  He had a big red and black one called "Ro-Ho" because he had a tough row to hoe.  The other was white and called "Chicken Little".  Neither cock ever lost a match.

I will tag this on here because it is weird.  I have been in 4 clans now and in every clan we had a guy named: "Viper"

But I don't see anyone on here playing under that name, and I never see anyone log in to COD4 with that name.

Here are some of the most used names I have seen in the last 10 years since COD was released.

Sitting Duck, Viper, DoubleShot , Night Train, GI Joe, Big Joe, Spider, Mac10, Sgt. "something", Sarge, LT, Black "Something", Killer "something", etc.

There was one clan that you had to have a name from an actual Civil War person.  Then another clan had all Roman names.

There was a group up in Portland for a while where I went under the name "Paris Hilton". 

Just fooling around here, nothing else to do.

• Like 2

Here are some of the most used names I have seen in the last 10 years since COD was released.

Sitting Duck, Viper, DoubleShot , Night Train, GI Joe, Big Joe, Spider, Mac10, Sgt. "something", Sarge, LT, Black "Something", Killer "something", etc.

You forgot the classic: Pvt. Parts !!!