How did you get/make your gamer tag?

fablaze

Hey guys!

I tried looking around for a post about how everyone either got or made up their gamer tags.  I didn't find anything, I did a brief search going back to 2009 so I hope I didn't miss it lol (if I did, I'm really sorry about the re-post but please link it here so I can follow up with everyone).

I'll go first:

Gamer tag: BlaZe

Game: Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare

I got it from Ace Combat 5, a PS2 game back in the day  :omgcat:.  The whole series was easily one of my favorite set of games (plus, planes are awesome).  The main character has the callsign Blaze and I pretty much used it since I've been playing COD4 online.  A lot of people think its used with the drug connotation, but I just really liked Ace Combat 5 in particular and the character.

So, whether you grabbed it from somewhere else or made up your own, I'd like to know how you got yours.  It shows how creative people can be or some of the things they really like.

Looking forward to getting to know all of you  :yahoo

BlaZe

One day I was searching for a name to use... I looked at my cat and it happened. meow.

Yeah I know, it sucks haha

If I can't use meow because it's already taken,I'll go with meowesti. "Esti" is just a swear word in french (in Quebec, not France). I'm not really creative lol

I was diagnosed with narcissism, recently re-diagnosed with some bullshit called "Elitist Narcissist Personality Disorder" (ikr, where do they come up with this shit?)

My first narcissist related name was narcissus, named after the namesake greek mythological figure of the disorder.

My second name was Narcissistic_Jerk, but I found that even people who have no clue what narcissism is, know what a jerk is, and I react badly when people treat me badly, and people treat someone with jerk in their name pretty badly- I got rid of that one fast. although it is still my name on most social networking sites lol, as I really am a jerk, even when I am not trying to be :/

another name of mine is : ) , I chose this because I am always a very happy, friendly guy, until things turn me sour, then my name instantly becomes ironic, both are a win for me.

Lastly, most accurately, and simply, my name is Narcissist. you will need to highlight to see it.  An arc is the most complicated yet majestically simple linear-yet-non-linear line one can draw, and represents the true nature of gravitational and cosmological trajectories, and as such is my favorite line, hence my highlighting of its occurrence within my name.

yep, imadork, deal with it!

• Like 2

Dang, narc's is pretty deep! Sadly mine isn't. 

When I was in middle school or so, my brother and I got a PS3. Before this, I played a lot of Star Wars: Battlefront (1 and 2), and so I made my name Unit 0 on PS2 (to match the other names on the list). Well when we were making our PS3 online account (we didn't know you could get two), he said that he wanted a name that had something to do with Christiano Ronaldo (his favorite soccer player), and I wanted it to be Unit 0. Eventually we settled on ronaldounit0 (we were both only slightly appeased). Since then, I've used it as my gamertag for just about everything. Even though it is perhaps one of the most stupid screen names in history, it holds personal value now! 

My name is derived from one of my favorite childhood books Ender's Shadow and a preference in play style I enjoy moving stealthily and killing my target before they know what's happening.

Mine? It goes far back, to my runescape days. I was an idiot 11 year old, and I had to come up with my username! I thought, hey, I'm a guy, and I like dragons! Yay Dragons! So I made my name Dudedragon44 (since Dudedragon was taken, stupid people stealing my names!) Eventually, I started playing Halo 1 for PC, and joined the Clan SoC, which I left later due to personal reasons. (I'll just say I didn't fit within the clan's boundaries anymore). To fit the clan tags, I had to shorten my name since Halo 1 has a character limit. BAM, Dddrgn was born. It doesn't stand for anything at this point.

My name Xernicus goes back about 5-6 years or so now, when I was like 12 or 13. I remember first getting the internet at my mom's house, and I'd play MMORPG's like Runescape and shooters like UrbanTerror. For the longest time, I went with some generic name like "Sherman" or something generic and stupid like that.

Well one day, I got tired of my generic name, and I decided to do something with the least common letter in the English alphabet-- Z. Now thinking of common names like "Zebra" and "Xerox", they both start sounding like "Zee", so that's what I went with. I wrote down many things that were very alien sounding.

Eventually, I decided to go with X instead of Z, as X is pronounced the way Z is here in America, and it's the 2nd least common letter in the alphabet- I was also thinking it would just look cooler and more mysterious. I think I was just fiddling around with combinations, and words like "vortex" when I came up with Xernicus. It's completely random, and I treat it like my own intellectual property, as it's become a representation of who I am. Over the 5 or 6 years, I have found many people who've tried to copy my name- and some have succeeded- though my presence as Xernicus outnumbers theirs exponentially. ;)

Mine comes from the emperor Gengis Khan (1162-1227) founder on the mongol empire.

Sometimes i use Khan or GengisKhan.

Gengis

• Like 1

One day I was searching for a name to use... I looked at my cat and it happened. meow.

Yeah I know, it sucks haha

If I can't use meow because it's already taken,I'll go with meowesti. "Esti" is just a swear word in french (in Quebec, not France). I'm not really creative lol

Your new name will be "AntiTripledMe"

• Like 1