Cougar tracks at son's house

Ol Smoke

There are an estimated 5000 cougars in the area around my son's house in Eastern Oregon.

These prints were found on a hill just above their house.  The estimation is that the cat weighs about 150 pounds and about 7 feet long without tail.

2r3wffq.jpg

not really dangerous, they usually stay away from people. unless you actively seek them you will not find them.

lol for those kind of cats you have to get them as a kitten and live with them for atleast 6 months straight... my buddy has a wolf as a dog and he couldn't leave it's side for like a year or else it would attack him and people....

They have a special group of guys that go out and hunt them.  But they haven't been able to bring the numbers under control.

They also have about 500 wolves now.  The tree huggers thought we should give them a home in cattle and sheep country.

The wolves they introduced are not native to this area.  They are huge animals and they track you and have attacked several people.

We are talking wolves in excess of 200 pounds.

not really dangerous, they usually stay away from people. unless you actively seek them you will not find them.

This is true, unless you ride near a group that are hungry.

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/nation/2004-01-09-mountain-lion_x.htm (My bad. I originally linked to the wrong story. It was this guy)

My buddy and I took pictures of a mountain lion in the same place this person was killed by one while out riding bikes with a group. It was a few days before the attack

@Ol Smoke: That is one decent sized print. The ones I've seen in California are usually a bit smaller. Probably due to lack of access to food. Still, they aren't to be trifled with.

Edited by NoGooD

Here in Central NY( yes there is more than just the damn city...) we have a huge coyote issue. they are everywhere.. and bears out in the swamps,..We dont get cougars...(except at carnivals) but we do get a mountain lion or two