name Tag Generater-User error most likely

Louisville_Assassin

ok i did like instructed to get my =F I A= xxKY_BROxx  name tag....colored an all.........entered it in the game menu using the ~ key....and ctrl+v to paste it....only when i requested ammo did i see the name was changed to " SET"     not my name with the F I A  tag like i expected......now i tried to "Re-Name"   and  \set name"   blah blah blah to no avail......even tried to change profile names.......still shows my character as named "SET" how does a bambi /newb such as myself fix this problem? any and all help is appreciated.....thnx for the  acceptance to the clan...... i plan to donate to btw as i love your servers

you haven't been accepted into clan yet. you will have to fill out an application first, then get approved:

http://fearless-assassins.com/forum-184/announcement-3-et-how-to-joinapply-for-fearless-assassins-fa-community/

Can't wear tags until you get accepted as a trial.

i applied a while back and never heard anything back.......guess thats my answer.....thnx for answering my question...i dnt think im going to go thru the app process again....well.....have fun and god bless all

and still never got my name fixed back to what it was before ....still  no answers....and no....  \set name "   "    dnt work to "rename" 

Edited by Louisville_Assassin

• Leader

[most of this part you know already]

You can open the nickname generator and hit the 'clear' button.  The will remove the FA-tag-codes.  Select the color of the first char from the menu and click.  The color-codes will appear at the end of any text in the window.  You can build your name like that, left to right. As you build your name, what it would look like in the game is shown above the building window.  When you are finished, click on the 'copy to clipboard' button.

[perm-set name] 

Enter FA-Silent#1 and open your console.  Type "/seta name " (without the ", of course :) ).  Then press the ctrl and V keys and your name-code should appear after /seta name (space after name).  Press enter, and you should be set.

[rid SET-demon]

If you just want to get rid of the SET for now, just do the above without the FA-NicknameGen step:  enter in console /seta name xxxAnyThingYouWantxxx.

[example]

^1xx^hKY^w_^hBRO^1xx will produce xxKY_BROxx  (that's a white _ between K and 8)

[speedy facts]

SpeedFact's example of "/name ____" should set that name for all Silent servers if you do it on Silent#1. I believe that "/seta name ____" would set it in all ET mods. I guess you can find out for me? :)

[speedy facts]

SpeedFact's example of "/name ____" should set that name for all Silent servers if you do it on Silent#1. I believe that "/seta name ____" would set it in all ET mods. I guess you can find out for me? :)

i used /name on all servers and so far they have worked...i just have different names for all of em lol.

• Leader

i used /name on all servers and so far they have worked...i just have different names for all of em lol.

:) I did not understood the ET-mod system at all when I was ET-baby-stepping.  I would change my name with "/name newname" and could not understand why it sometimes returned to an earlier name on joining a server.  Finally learning about mods gave me a real "ah, ha" moment!