Do you think video games are getting better or worse over time?

Jobba

yeah... seen nothing realy new in 15years... in start on 90s was tetris and leisure suit larry... not seen as revolutionary since rtcw came and et joined...

Masa_1964

• Like 1

The games today are too much like being in a movie.  I watched a kid play COD ghost at Walmart and it was nuts with all the things he had to do.

I like to play a shooter game where I have control over what I do, not be confined by the other players on my team. It was like playing singleplayer in COD4.

You could only go so far away from your team, you couldn't change weapons, you had to follow the team around and do what the team leader said or you die.

That just blows.

That is why I think Activision is really missing out on some serious money by not releasing new maps for COD4.

Of course games haven't gotten better. All gaming companies have to do nowadays is take an older game, add a few new guns, 3-4 different maps, add a token 30 minute campaign, and give it a new title-cough, COD GHOSTS, cough, cough. Originality left the industry a long time ago.  And why should they change the current game development process? We keep settling for their annual "copy and paste" games, so they keep making money with minimal effort. There are a few exceptions to this (rockstar, firaxis, bethesda, 2k, bioware, to name a few), but for the most part we've been buying recycled games for the last 15 years.

Worse,except for the mentioned GTA

I dont understand the point of making a game with super high quality graphics if your regular pc/laptop user wont be able to run it.

I dont understand the point of making a game with super high quality graphics if your regular pc/laptop user wont be able to run it.

This.

Some games are getting better, some are getting worse. For example, tomb raider. It had an amazing story, it was a cinematic experience that still allowed you full control, and fun combat. Then there's stuff like cod... It can be hard to find good games, but they are improving drastically.

Well it depends on what you like. If you enjoy games with super HD graphics then it would be getting better for you. But if you prefer a good story line with moderate graphics, which i'd assume the majority would vote for, then yes, games are getting a lot worse. The only difference between games nowadays is the amount of detail. Story line in most cases suck which is a real bummer tbh.

Overall I think games as a whole are getting better. But it depends on the series, COD is getting worse. I agree with Joe, I think BF is getting better. I like Assassins Creed and new Batman series, both have been better with each game. But that only applies to the major releases for AC, it has a lot of weird spin off games that are short and the story is not as strong.

well it is technology so in short-run could be worse but overall it can only get better.

i have only played COD4 and I just saw the preview for the new COD and I do not understand how it went from the concept of real warfare to fighting alien creatures

• Like 1