• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log In with Steam Log In with Google Sign In
  • Create Account
Photo

Teamspeak3 versus xfire2

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Scortch

Scortch

L3: Novice

• User
  • 52 posts
Getting Better
  • Server:Jay2

Donator

Hey folks, I play on jay2 most of the time, and jay1 for the rest of it. I type real slow and so I don't communicate much while I play. I want to change that. I also want to make myself more available to the server admins and clan members who might have questions or suggestions for me. I don't think my typing is going to improve anytime soon, so the voice chat seems like my best option. That means I need to learn how to integrate either TS3 or xfire into my game.  I'll need to learn what the shortcut keys and settings for these programs are and I will need to remember to use them. In an effort to expedite that I though I would ask your opinions about the two programs. Do I need both? Which one is the better of the two?  Which one is easier or more convenient to use? Any info would be appreciated.

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!

Xernicus

Xernicus

Certified Mikutard

• ET Member
  • 2,693 posts
Is a bearer of wisdom
  • EvolveHQ:Xernicus
  • Admin:16
  • Server:Jay3
  • Alias:=F|A=Xernicus
  • Steam ID:0:0:57748879
  • T-M:ET: 7-6
Contributor

For voice chat, TeamSpeak is the way to go. You can set up your own hotkey for push to talk, or have your mic on all the time... you can also set it up so it turns on when you talk. Not to mention that with TeamSpeak you're in a room, but when you're xfire, you're only talking with one person via voice chat.

Owned

Owned

CoC General

• CS Member
  • 797 posts
Has a brilliant future
  • EvolveHQ:0wn3d
  • Admin:12
  • Server:NQ1
  • Alias:Owned?!
  • Steam ID:76561198029594679
  • T-M:ET: 1-1

Donator

Contributor

the quality of ts3 is generally better than xifre which would make ts3 a better choise.

CheepHeep

CheepHeep

L5: Journeyman

• ET Trial
  • 634 posts
On a distinguished road
  • Admin:11
  • Server:Hardcore ET
  • Alias:Cheep Heep

Donator

TS3 would most definitely be the better option if you plan on using your voice. You can talk with multiple people instead of, like mentioned above, with one person. I generally don't use TS whilst playing ET because it f**ks up my FPS. GL and i like your determination and eagerness to improve and help :)

Scortch

Scortch

L3: Novice

• User
  • 52 posts
Getting Better
  • Server:Jay2

Donator

100% in favor of TS3 so far.

Thanks for your input everyone . I am going to check out team speak today.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users