Just a question I was thinking about while going over the Rules for all of the games you guys host servers for. The main rule: Bitching/Language.
Why is it different for every game? It makes things confusing in general and seems a bit unorganized.
Wolf ET---- You can swear from time to time. Using the n-word is allowed. You're just not allowed to attack other players with language, or do it over and over again.
Yet CS:GO says----: Bitching from time to time is fine. No general rule on swearing.. but it takes the same rule from ET about jews etc...and says LOLNOPE.
COD---- Same thing. Bitching a little is fine. No rules on swearing. Yet on server people get told that 'bitching is not allowed'.
I guess the question is... why? This is confusing. All of these games are shooter games, where your goal is to put a bullet in your enemy or stab them with a knife. Why do the language/bitching rules differ? And why do they differ in game...compared to what is written?
I play CoD a lot. And the biggest thing I see is 'no bitching' even if someone only says something once. It even says in the rules that it's alright from time to time. Why all of a sudden is it so bad in game? Also, same with swearing. Someone says f***, or shit, and they get told 'language' or sometimes a warn for a first offense. Hell. I was told language for saying Jesus Christ which is not a swear word in my eye. I am not religious so I don't think blasphemy really applies. As for the warning... the server auto warns for most bad words. Why the extra warns from admin? That's like 2 warns in a row for one slip up.
Don't get me wrong. This isn't a complaint from things that I've done. I get in shit, I'm willing to own up to it. Nor am I complaining about any specific admin. You dudes do a great job keeping things going. I just don't understand why everything is different in game, in wiki, and why each game has different rules. It doesn't make sense.
Shouldn't their be a uniform set of rules on language and bitching in general? If it's tolerated in one game TO AN EXTENT, should the same not apply to ALL games? Furthermore, shouldn't admin be coached or made to set aside their own beliefs so that not everything is contradicting? I hope that sounds right. I was just thinking about a couple incidents I've seen lately, and thought I would check up on the rules for a refresher. Then i noticed the differences hah.
I assume it's because each game has different leaders or something. Each with their own ways to handle things. But still, man. It just makes things confusing, especially for anyone that plays more than one game.
Sorry if this sounds like a complaint. It's more curiosity and general observation. Maybe an attempt to help? I don't know, make of it what you will. Wasn't sure where to post this, so i thought this section would be best. Thanks for reading and all the fun on servers!
*Included three different rule sets for W:ET,COD,and CS:GO at the bottom for better research.*
- Once in a while general bitching is allowed. We are easy and fun gamers. Most players go emo when they die. So a general bitching here and their is allowed.
- Continous bitching = not allowed. Use !mute.
- Always cry for panzer each 3 mins = Tell him to stfu panzer is part of game. If you can't take panzer don't go emo and cry.
- Saying f***ing noobs, niggers, etc. once a map or sometimes people speak it. = Allowed.
- Bashing on any player continuously you suck, you f***ing noob, you f***ing jew, etc. = Not allowed. !mute those players.
- Spamming/Bitching in PM is not allowed. Someone says he is getting PM spammed tell him to get SS and post it on forums or send it by xfire.
- Admins bad mouthing on other members/players will not be allowed. You are admin and you shouldn't do that. Be patience. If any admin is found bitching on server, he will be removed from clan at that very point. Admins bitching on servers will not be tolerated 0% tolerance.
We don't allow bitching on continuous basis. Few times or on occasions it's fine. If someone is bitching every 10 seconds you can always spam your bind 3-5 times "Watch your language. We don't allow bitching." If he continuous to keep on bitching you can use !warn and after 3 warns he will be auto kicked.
- Do not keep bitching on other players on continuous basis. You will be warned 3x times first, then kicked, then tempbanned and our last resort would be to ban you permanently. Please refrain yourself from using abusing words on constant basis. We like peaceful gaming environment so everyone can enjoy.
- Once in a while general bitching is allowed. We are easy and fun gamers. Most players go emo when they die. So a general bitching here and there is allowed.
- Continous bitching = not allowed. Use mute or gag, eventually silence. (example: type sm_gag [nick] in console or bind a key to sm_admin to get an admin menu and pick appropriate command. Gag - makes player unable to use text chat/ Mute - makes player unbable to use voice chat/ Silence - makes player unable to use both voice and text chat).
- Saying f***ing jews, niggers, etc. once a map or sometimes people speak it. = Not allowed. It makes some people really mad, it's better to avoid these kind of arguments on server.
- Bashing on any player continuously you suck, you f***ing noob, you f***ing jew, etc. = Not allowed. Mute/Gag these players.
- Admins bad mouthing on other members/players will not be allowed. You are admin and you shouldn't do that. If any admin is found bitching on server, he/she will be removed from clan at that very point. Admins bitching on servers will not be tolerated.