Don't Deport Ali Choudhry

Heretic121

http://www.communityrun.org/petitions/don-t-deport-ali-choudhry

Ali is facing deportation, back to a country where there is life imprisonment for being gay. He's never lived in Pakistan and he doesn't read the language.
Ali Choudhry and Dr Matthew Hynd were one of the first gay couples in Queensland to register their civil union on 12 March, 2012. Unfortunately their union was short lived due to the Queensland Government retrospectively making the unions null and void 12 weeks after their ceremony.
Nearly two years later Mr Choudhry now faces deportation to Pakistan after his application for a visa recognising his relationship with Dr Hynd was refused. He says he cannot understand why theirs is not considered a legitimate long-term partnership, and neither can I. Please help me build the public pressure urging Immigration Minister Scott Morrison to grant Ali a visa to remain in Australia.

So, I've seen some incredible things done thanks to asking this community to help out.

I found this petition on Facebook, shared by George Takei, and wondered if we'd be able to show our support.