ET running horrid and crashing when connecting to FA HARDCORE

dj3hac

Hello everyone, thank you for taking the time to look at this.

The most critical problem I have is that my game crashes at "awaiting gamestate" when connecting to  the FA HARDCORE server, only that server. I can connect to most other servers fine, there is sometimes a crash but I regard that as a separate general instability issue. The secondary issue I have is a horrid frame rate, but it seems as though it's only when I look at, or in the direction of other players. The players do not have to be directly visible, I just have to look in the direction. If I face away I get hundreds of frames per second.

Specs:

Windows 7 x64 Ultimate

AMD Vishera 4.6Ghz Quad Core

2x Radeon 7870 2Gb (Crossfire)

32 Gb DDR3 G.Skill RAM

I launch with ET-Legacy. I will be playing with stock ET while I wait for response.

I have a feeling the  crashing is due to windows 7 issues, and the lag is issues with newer graphics cards.

Are there any specific system settings I should be using foe ET to run properly?

Thank you In advance!

I was able to fix my crashing by using stock ET. However, looking at people still makes me lag. I'm talking less than 10 fps.

Yes, I run ET as admin.

I have a fresh install of ET so my pk3's should be fine.

Edited by dj3hac

try a lower graphic setting i find that really high graphic setting on et makes you lag even if you have a good  graphic card when i got my new  gc i ran mine like that but i start to lag over time and change them to a lower setting and it fix it for me and other tip it could be your net you using as will 

Hello everyone, thank you for taking the time to look at this.

The most critical problem I have is that my game crashes at "awaiting gamestate" when connecting to  the FA HARDCORE server, only that server. I can connect to most other servers fine, there is sometimes a crash but I regard that as a separate general instability issue. The secondary issue I have is a horrid frame rate, but it seems as though it's only when I look at, or in the direction of other players. The players do not have to be directly visible, I just have to look in the direction. If I face away I get hundreds of frames per second.

Specs:

Windows 7 x64 Ultimate

AMD Vishera 4.6Ghz Quad Core

2x Radeon 7870 2Gb (Crossfire)

32 Gb DDR3 G.Skill RAM

I launch with ET-Legacy. I will be playing with stock ET while I wait for response.

I have a feeling the  crashing is due to windows 7 issues, and the lag is issues with newer graphics cards.

Are there any specific system settings I should be using foe ET to run properly?

Thank you In advance!

With those PC specs, you should never see 10FPS. My Chipset lists ET as "Not recommended" But ET works fine. The only issue I encounter, is that with cg_shadows 1 the video card (Which is an older EVGA with a GTS450) Is unable to produce a solid shadow, the shadow always flickers, so I turn shadows off. Otherwise, I have pretty much maximum graphics settings and hold 125FPS all day long.

You also should RARELY see a crash.

Have you looked at EventViewer? Go into start menu, run, type Event Viewer and click on the event viewer result that pops up, or just hit enter.

On the left pane, click Windows logs. Then click application. After the results come up, go into the right pane, and click Filter current log. Check the boxes for CRITICAL, WARNING, and ERROR, and click OK.

If you can't remember the last time ET crashed while using Legacy, Launch ET using Legacy, Connect to HC and recreate the crash. Once you do, you can review the logs by the time and date the crash occurred that you just recreated. Make sure to look into Application logs, and use the filter, and it'll give you a really good idea what is causing the problem.

Event viewer says this: 

Faulting application name: et.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x445f5790
Faulting module name: opengl32.DLL, version: 6.1.7600.16385, time stamp: 0x4a5bdadb
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000416c
Faulting process id: 0x430
Faulting application start time: 0x01cf09e574db71a3
Faulting application path: D:\Program Files (x86)\Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory\et.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\system32\opengl32.DLL

It seems to be having its issue with OpenGL. however, stock wolfenstein does not have this problem, but it lags really bad.

I tried setting everything to lowest settings like Kiba suggested (on stock), but now OpenGL fails to load on startup and says that it isn't installed, I disabled OpenGL extensions via to options menu, surely that wouldn't be an option if it breaks the game?

Just want to add that I can remember playing ET on the FA servers 10 years ago, and it was a blast!

Edited by dj3hac

Have you tried to disable crossfire while playing ET?

Or possibly set up ET to only use 1 video card?

Do you have the latest drivers from Radeon for your specific dual card setup? (Not using generic web/windows video drivers)