Answer me! #6

Reallity

As a starting note: 8 million euros is more than 8 million dollars, and I'm certain you would make it through your thirty years with it in an easy way.

Life would probably be ruined in either way.

Take the 8 million and see your life turn senseless. See the clock of death ticking away your time.

You have exactly 30 years to live your life. So much certainty. It's maddening. People need uncertainty. They need something to work for, something to live for.

You could say: live for your friends, your family, the poor people.

But you will not understand them, and they will not understand you. You have been given money, people will envy you. And you will envy people, because of their free lifes. Free from fear from every single second ticking away.

Additionally, money doesn't make people happier, not at this level. A bit of money can make people very happy, but the curve will descend at a certain point. Give someone with hunger money food, and he will become happy. Give someone with a beautiful life 8 million euros, and he won't know what to do with it. He will buy a fancy car (be happy for a month or so), travel somewhat and stay empty inside.

Don't take it, and be misunderstood by your whole environment.

"Why do you make it so difficult?"

"What a chance, and you just let it slip away!"

You will keep wondering: what if I'd taken the money? I wouldn't have to go to work every day. I wouldn't have to take this shit every single f***ing day. And at 55, when I would have started to become old, weakened, more often sick,..., I would go in peace, after a life without worries.

Conclusion: there is no right choice, there are only wrong choises. The wrong choice I would make, I guess, is to take the money and live my shortened life while travelling the world and returning to Belgium after a while, realizing this is home, full of regret.

• Like 1

I would be tempted to take the deal so I could make my kids lives easier (buy them each a house for investment)

But the selfish part of me will want to say no to the money because I want to see my kids grow up and have kids

Where's the point in living if you don't have the struggles and accomplishments as a normal person because you were given security till age 55? I don't fear dying, but fear living a life that isn't true and is pampered and lined with luxury. Plus I have no idea what 8 millions euros is in USD.

U totally won this. Awesome answer