• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log In with Steam Log In with Google Sign In
  • Create Account
Photo

Restriction: Service Abnormality

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

w0nder

w0nder

L3: Novice

• User
  • 317 posts
A step in the right direction
  • Admin:0
Contributor
A friend of mine is having issues connecting. He has never had an issue before, and now is getting PB error = Restriction: Service Abnormality upon connecting. I have looked around and found nothing. I was thinking it could be the antivirus so he shut it off... No go, that didnt work. I also do not see a similar post in the forums so any suggestions? Oh he is running XP.

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!

detoren

detoren

L5: Journeyman

• Regular User
  • 748 posts
Getting Better
  • Admin:1
  • Server:None
Close virus protection it shoold be gone :). often a update or a new one makes trouble like kasperski . use free agv :yahoo

w0nder

w0nder

• User
  • 317 posts
Contributor

Close virus protection it shoold be gone :). often a update or a new one makes trouble like kasperski . use free agv :yahoo

Tried that did not work. And it is AVG.

Also, >>evenbalance>>pbsetup>>run= nothing

hobbit

hobbit

L10: Grand Master

• Regular User
  • 3,246 posts
Will become famous
  • Steam ID:pvtforrestgump
Contributor

Note #2: This is a restriction kick issued by Punkbuster when it doesn't pass on of the internal tests. We have received reports from users that several versions of Zonealarm may cause this behavior.

I would like a list of your running processes. To get them do this:

Start the game, minimize it, then follow these steps:

Start => Run.. => cmd

Then type:

tasklist /SVC > tasks.txt

That will create a text file with a dumb of your current processes into C:/Documents and Settings/[your user]/tasks.txt. Paste the contents in a new note.

From Here

Mycrofte

Mycrofte

L1: Learner

• Regular User
  • 20 posts
Unknown at this point

From Here

I've had the same problem since I installed the latest Punkbuster update. I tried your "tasklist" but my Windows XP says that command doesn't exist...

Is there a way to tell my Defender Pro firewall that Punkbuster is OK to run?!?

THUNDER

THUNDER

• ET Member
  • 389 posts
  • EvolveHQ:FIA-THUNDER
  • Admin:15
  • Alias:=F|A=THUNDER
yes you could alow punkbuster communication within your firewall

went into the firewall advanced settings and specifically look at settings for punkbuster (a andB) set incomming /outgoing to allowed
Should work

Mycrofte

Mycrofte

• Regular User
  • 20 posts
Unknown at this point

yes you could alow punkbuster communication within your firewall

went into the firewall advanced settings and specifically look at settings for punkbuster (a andB) set incomming /outgoing to allowed
Should work

I checked and found ET, Punkbuster a & b all set to "both". But if I turn off Punkbuster it runs fine.

Mycrofte

Mycrofte

• Regular User
  • 20 posts
Unknown at this point
I completely deleted and reinstalled ET. Even went into system32 folder and deleted PB. When I start it up I get a box from Defender Pro and click ALLOW for ET. Had to go into firewall manually and set allow PB also. Still has the same problem...

Mycrofte

Mycrofte

• Regular User
  • 20 posts
Unknown at this point
Finally got a real answer from the Punkbuster folks! I just had to turn off the "Compatibility Mode"...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users