resolution/fullscreen help

Antichrist

After I reinstalled, I can't get ET to open in windowed mode, it always opens fullscreen in 800x600 resolution.

I have a 23" widescreen monitor, I've tried r_custom width/height, and it distorted the image so I went back to window mode.

I used the setting of 1024 height x 1280 width, in windowed mode, and it worked perfect for me in the past, I've tried changing the settings in etconfig, auto exec in etmain, and etconfig and auto exec in silent, and it still opens full screen @ 800x600

Also it keeps changing a few other settings, like low quality sky - no.

In etmain I have: autoexec, etconfig

In silent I have: antichrist.cfg, etconfig, autoexec

What am I doing wrong or missing?

I change all the same things in every cfg file. When I run the game, nothing saves in etmain etconfig, and these all change back to default:

etmain > etconfig

bind c "+movedown"

seta r_drawSun "1"
seta r_fastsky "0"
seta r_customaspect "1"
seta r_customheight "1024"
seta r_customwidth "1600"
seta r_fullscreen "1"
seta r_oldMode ""
seta r_mode "4" unsafe

etmain autoexec stays saved.

In Silent folder etconfig stays saved, auto exec stays saved, and antichrist.cfg stays saved.

If you write - changed after entering the game, or in etmain, then the server mod.

@/edit

Open console, end enter komends:

/seta r_mode -1
/seta r_customwidth [example 1680]
/seta r_customheight [example1050]
/seta r_fullscreen 1
/seta r_customaspect 1

end.../vid_restart

Edited by Ultra...?!
  • Like 1

If you write - changed after entering the game, or in etmain, then the server mod.

@/edit

Open console, end enter komends:

/seta r_mode -1

/seta r_customwidth [example 1680]

/seta r_customheight [example1050]

/seta r_fullscreen 1

/seta r_customaspect 1

end.../vid_restart

Yeah r_mode -1 is what you want. so Ultra's example should work.

Entered all in game:

/seta r_mode -1

/seta r_customwidth 1280

/seta r_customheight 1024

/seta r_fullscreen 0 (since I want windowed mode, and not full screen)

/seta r_customaspect 1

/vid_restart

It restarts and all is well. When I close the game, and open it again, it goes back to 800x600, and fullscreen again.

Entered all in game:

/seta r_mode -1

/seta r_customwidth 1280

/seta r_customheight 1024

/seta r_fullscreen 0 (since I want windowed mode, and not full screen)

/seta r_customaspect 1

/vid_restart

It restarts and all is well. When I close the game, and open it again, it goes back to 800x600, and fullscreen again.

All those need to be in autoexec.cfg (I think you said they are already? Good!)

Now open ET, and before connecting to any server, do /exec autoexec.cfg followed by a vid_restart.

Now from the ET menu go to MODS -> SilEnT to load silent mod.

Do /exec autoexec.cfg followed by a vid_restart.. Up to you if you wanna do it for jaymod, nq, etc too.

Sometimes configs don't get carried over to mods properly.. So you have to do it manually for each MOD this way.. I had to do it a while ago because Jaymod and NQ constantly 'forgot' my autoexec settings -.-

If you save it in etmain it should carry it over to other mods. Other thing could be ET folder doesn´t have write permissions in Windows?

All permissions have been granted. Otherwise I couldn't save each file without it :)

All those need to be in autoexec.cfg (I think you said they are already? Good!)

Now open ET, and before connecting to any server, do /exec autoexec.cfg followed by a vid_restart.

Now from the ET menu go to MODS -> SilEnT to load silent mod.

Do /exec autoexec.cfg followed by a vid_restart.. Up to you if you wanna do it for jaymod, nq, etc too.

Sometimes configs don't get carried over to mods properly.. So you have to do it manually for each MOD this way.. I had to do it a while ago because Jaymod and NQ constantly 'forgot' my autoexec settings -.-

Ok.. I'll give this a try, I'll update this post when I'm finished.

Ok results without mod loaded: /exec autoexec.cfg = couldn't exec autoexec.cfg

Load mod: /exec autoexec.cfg = couldn't exec autoexec.cfg

EDIT again, Theory has me working good now, TY for your help. I had to make a desktop shortcut, run as admin from there (not from within the folder) and now it works fine. Don't ask why it did this... I have no freaking idea...

• Leader

I had to make a desktop shortcut, run as admin from there (not from within the folder) and now it works fine. Don't ask why it did this... I have no freaking idea...

Interesting.  My resolution has been reverting to 800x600, also.  I had three levels of "admin permission":   the et.exe in program-files/wolf, the shortcut, and I was clicking "run as admin" on the shortcut.  I will try taking the permission off of the folder-et.exe and just leave permission set on the shortcut. 

Thanks, all.