Can't start!

j0ck3s

heey i need some help! i have download the et game here at the forum but it dosent work out for me xD it wont start and the message: GLW_StartOpenGL() - could not load OpenGL subsystem    comes up. wtf to do here? plz help me :D

Probablt wrong resolution set in ET.

\r_mode -1

\r_customwidth nr_your_monitor_uses

\r_customheight nr_your_monitor_uses

Type it in console(opens with tilde in ET ~) or enter in config file under C:\Program files\ET\jaymod\profiles etconfig.cfg.

thx for the respond guys. but sorry for being stupid vanaraud. but i can´t wright something in console becouse it wont start and how do u mean by enter config under etconfig? srry for being sooo damn bad at this xd!!!!

• Leader

Probablt wrong resolution set in ET.

....or enter in config file under C:\Program files\ET\jaymod\profiles etconfig.cfg.

My path is "C:\Program Files (x86)\Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory\jaymod\Profiles" in Vista64.

I get the same error statement if I try to set the game to a higher resolution than my video card/graphics sytem on this laptop can handle.  If you are in ET and change the graphics to an unsupported setting, ET uses the last known good setting the next time it opens.  This implies that settings in your config files are the problem, as Vanaraud says above. 

I wonder if he is installing over an old installation or over a copy from another computer.  The default graphics settings in a clean install should work on any computer, unless changes were made sometime.

Did you copy somebody else's 'recommended' config file(s) into your installation?

ive bought a new computer. i had a laptop before and the game worked just fine! now when i download ET here at forums the message started to come. ive tryed to uninstall and take the game from my laptop. didnt work so download the gamle here again. havent make any chances at all. but i dont know how to type in the stuffs van telling me to do when i cant open et console.

Edited by j0ck3s

Navigate to folder Redbaird told you. Open the .cfg file with text editor. Search for lines r_mode and change it to -1. Then customheight and customwidth and change it to values matching your current monitor resolution(you can see it by  RMB clicking on desktop and from pop up list choosing "Screen resolution").

If its new PC its a good idea to install grpahics drivers first also;)