Have to Run ET.exe Twice

PokingSmot

Recently I have been having this problem where I have to run et.exe twice... Once opens up ET.exe in the task manager, but fails to open up the "loading console" to boot to the game. This process takes up like 16 megs but never changes. I'll then boot up another ET and the console will load up, and I'll have to close the first ET.exe I opened to get everything going. The first time i run ET.exe a rundll task opens up, yet even if i close the et.exe and leave the rundll open, and try to start another et.exe, it still won't boot up. I absolutely have to run two ET.exe to get the console to load up the game. I am not sure what the missing link is.

What version are you using? 2.55? 2.6? 2.6b?

What happens when you launch the game from XFire, and connect directly to a server?

This happened to me years ago and I can't remember what caused it, or how I fixed it though :-/ 

My immediate thoughts would be to upgrade to 2.6b, Try running the game from XFire, and back up my ETKey and reinstall if necessary.