My 4 year old.

Heretic121

Smart kid :D It's great to see good old fashioned parents who actually encourage their kids to develop at home as well as in school! I was raised the same way and it gave me so much enthusiasm to learn!  Additionally by the time I actually went to school I was always doing work intended for kids much older.. And always seemed to pick things up a lot quicker than others.. 

It pains me to see some parents (well, a LOT of them in the UK unfortunately) who don't actually try to stimulate their children's neurological development in any way.. I know kids who can barely talk when they're 4-5 :/

Keep on feeding his brain Heretic! Looks like you're doing a great job! :D

• Like 4

So my 4 year old (He'll be 5 at the end of next month) has always expressed an interest in numbers and has recently made his first steps into mathematics. He can read numbers into the hundreds, we haven't done thousands yet, and we started doing additions on the way to School every morning using his fingers to help him. We've had a (black/white)board for a while now and let the boys use it whenever they want. Today we got Leo to start reading/writing sums and solving them. He got all his questions right :D

post-8774-0-75728200-1381664150_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Smart kid :D It's great to see good old fashioned parents who actually encourage their kids to develop at home as well as in school! I was raised the same way and it gave me so much enthusiasm to learn!  Additionally by the time I actually went to school I was always doing work intended for kids much older.. And always seemed to pick things up a lot quicker than others.. 

It pains me to see some parents (well, a LOT of them in the UK unfortunately) who don't actually try to stimulate their children's neurological development in any way.. I know kids who can barely talk when they're 4-5 :/

Keep on feeding his brain Heretic! Looks like you're doing a great job! 

One to one help is always useful with a child's neurological development. A classroom, while effective at teaching multiple pupils at once, is not a one to one friendly area and teachers won't be able to pick up on where a particular child's strengths are with ease. Home learning, in conjunction with school learning, will give you the ability to see how far along your child's development is, and where their strengths lie. With the information you get from your one to one with your child you can better inform the child's teachers what your child needs help with, and what they feel comfortable with.

Yeah, I've heard of quite a few parents that don't help their child's development and it's disappointing to say the least. I've heard some of the things that are really quite shocking :)

kid is cute .. and I will eat all his chalks .

Oh noes! You leave his chalks alone! >:[

COOKIE! :D

im jelly on his math skills 

my sister of 4 years cant do this so well done 

Pfft, his maths skills are beyond yours as well, Wussy! You nub :P

• Like 1

Child prodigy

Wouldn't go that far, definitely a very clever little boy, but then British people are champions at underselling themselves.

haxor

Oh noes! :o What hax is he using? Should I ban him?  :eek