Silent 0.8.0

lostcause

Recently the silent server has been updated to a newer version and it seems to be a lot more laggy on all the maps, when a cluster of players are together the lagometer goes insane and looks like everyone is experiencing it. Shooting at enemies and the kills are happening yet there are the odd sounds of hit sounds going off. I've tested this a few times, even thought a possible reboot to the router would fix it but then jumped to a different server and different mod and everything is perfect.

Not sure if any server admins are going to be looking into it. :) Just thought I'd give you guys and girls a heads up.

Edited by lostcause

I haven't noticed this, but I also have a fairly low ping and do not run the lagometer.

It's not like a connection lag though, it's like the netcode tends to just break when there a cluster of enemies and then there are random spikes but when there are 2 or so enemies it's back to normal, maybe a possible server reboot but I'm not to sure lol.

Do a trace with WinMTR to check if there is packetloss somewhere.

http://fearless-assassins.com/forum-201/announcement-9-how-to-recognize-your-lag/

I have kinda the same problem when many players are on the server, another video driver has helped it a bit.

http://fearless-assassins.com/topic/52075-wet-packet-loss-lag-routing/page-3

• Like 1

Do a trace with WinMTR to check if there is packetloss somewhere.

http://fearless-assassins.com/forum-201/announcement-9-how-to-recognize-your-lag/

I have kinda the same problem when many players are on the server, another video driver has helped it a bit.

http://fearless-assassins.com/topic/52075-wet-packet-loss-lag-routing/page-3

No packet loss whatsoever, everything was 100% until the switch over to 0.8.0

I'm not the only one with this issue, it's just the others are too lazy to report it.

I usually have a constant 98-102 ping as being from the UK which is pretty damn good considering the server is in the US.

I've played on the NQ servers, once based in Germany with 48 ping and again the one in the US with the same ping as above and no actual lag.

I know the lag will be mod specific because many years ago people would battle with FPS changes and drops when they play different mods.

I run et wirh stable 125 fps , 63 maxpackets anf have a 50/50mb quality internet connection so my lagometer is a perfect green line. There is 0 differances since 0.8. I did see a few guys complain about lag lately but IMO its not at all related to 0.8

I run et wirh stable 125 fps , 63 maxpackets anf have a 50/50mb quality internet connection so my lagometer is a perfect green line. There is 0 differances since 0.8. I did see a few guys complain about lag lately but IMO its not at all related to 0.8

Mine is also a solid 125 fps 20/20 fibre connection, I've also checked with my ISP if they've changed anything with my connection or exchange within the last week or two and have reported nothing. I've generally got one device connected up to the router via Ethernet cable and I usually make sure all my mobile devices are not connected via wifi when I do decide to play some games. Unless my country has messed with the routing to the American server then yes it might be a internet related issue, the lag however only started since the 0.8 update. I'll try removing the mod completely and try again, just to see if there is any change.

Edited by lostcause