Invalid guid

dTECT

Quo vardis is right the key he's trying to use is corrupt imo.

@ Snattix make sure you can see hidden files and extesnions in windows 7 (use google to see how, if you haven't done it already)

ET key is a hiddden file and has no extesnion to it.

Delete what ever you've got in Et main that says it's etkey and generate a new key at etkey.org paste the key into ET main.

Start ET click play online, right hand under the servers it should say enable pb or disable pb make sure it's enabled, join server and alll should be fine.

• Clan Friend

His config is fine I checked it. Problem isn't in etkey because he tried mine and it didn't work. He's running ET as admin.

That doesn't surprise me since the problem can't be the etkey itself. After all these new etkeys players use after pb stopped supporting ET aren't even real etkeys.

Which version of ET is he using? Can you tell him to check what is his /cl_guid ? It should be either "unknown" or a valid pb guid format (hexadecimal number, 0-9A-F 32 characters long)

Is PunkBuster installed at all?

• Leader

2.60B. cl_guid said it was invalid guid. He used some Ultimate ET installer pack and has pb folder in ET folder so I guess it's installed?

My pb folder in

C:\Program Files (x86)\Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory

has 7.74 MB (8,126,041 bytes) 

and 30 files in 5 folders.

I doubt that you need exactly the same number of files and MB, but it should not be much smaller.

• Clan Friend

2.60B. cl_guid said it was invalid guid. He used some Ultimate ET installer pack and has pb folder in ET folder so I guess it's installed?

I meant after you load et without any mod (etmain) and without connecting to any server.

If I remember correctly, this invalid guid message comes from jaymod, right? So you shouldn't get it before connecting to any server.

Pb has also some services, but I guess if that installer installs everything then pb services are installed as well.

I think its NQ which gives kicks for "invalid guid". And hit Play Online-> Enable Punkbuster in ETMAIN after just running ET and then load NQ\jaymod etc in MODS and repeat Enable Punkbuster.