My Windows 7 discs are finally coming.....What a nightmare!

Ol Smoke

I ordered my new Windows 7 Pro discs on Sept 23rd and was told by the company that they were mailed that afternoon by USPS (Post office).

So I got a tracking number to follow.  It never said anything but "Electronic scan".  So I waited and waited, and yesterday I called the company

that I bought it from and asked them where the package was at.  I have talked to this lady about three times and each time I get a different

answer.  I then called the USPS and they told me that the package has not been mailed yet.  It has been electronically scanned for postage

but has not been picked up by a postal carrier.

So I called the company back again and got the same lady.  Now you have to understand this,  this lady speaks broken English and is Mexican,

and she is the support person.  The company is in Anaheim, California.  So I tell her what the USPS just told me and she says she will 

expedite the package as 2-day mail.  I asked her this,  Why did you keep telling me it had been shipped, when you knew it had not been shipped?

She said that her computer says it has been shipped.  So I asked to talk to someone else.  She puts me on hold.  Then about 2 minutes later,

she says,  "Hello, may I help you?"  I said, "You have been helping me for the last ten minutes,  I asked you to get a supervisor who could answer

my questions".  She replied. " I am the supervisor".  "Then where is the owner?"  "He is not here, may I help you?"  So I said, "No you may not.  I

am turning this over to Citibank MasterCard and let them work this problems out."   Which I did.

I got the notification today from the USPS that my package has been picked up and is on it's way to me.

I got a call this morning from Citibank and the woman on there said that the problem has been taken care of and the package is on it's way.

Here is what Citibank told those people.  Ship the package immediately and make it 2 day without any charge to me.  The company then was told

by Citibank that they had several complaints from other Citibank card users about poor business practices from this company.  They have now

placed that company on a 30 day listing with the BBB, if there are anymore complaints from Citibank cardholders about this company, they are

going to be dropped from the Citibank users listing.  (Citibank won't do business with them anymore)  They will be placed on the bad list for all

VISA and MasterCard holder companies and could lose the ability to be able to accept those cards anymore.

The name of the company is    Mission Softwares      so be aware.

Don't mess with the Smoke

• Like 1

Wow what a joke - good call reporting it and having it dealt with - I hope now everything is resolved for you, that they get dropped by citibank.. F*cking charlatans. I don't really know if theres anyone to report anything to here in the UK :( All you can do is take them to court AFAIK.

here in the UK

... the hell? Why do all these Englishmen keep popping up all of a sudden?

EDIT: That was so incredibly off topic I actually feel bad about ignoring the main post :( 

Congrats on winning your battle, Smoke! :D Shame you can't do the same in COD :P

... the hell? Why do all these Englishmen keep popping up all of a sudden?

EDIT: That was so incredibly off topic I actually feel bad about ignoring the main post :(

Congrats on winning your battle, Smoke! :D Shame you can't do the same in COD :P

I'm not from England so I'm not an Englishman, and I popped up here over 3 years ago :P

I'm not from England so I'm not an Englishman, and I popped up here over 3 years ago :P

Eh, quite a lot of Englishmen (In my eyes) aren't originally from England, so it's not a prerequisite :P pfft, that's still popping up! :D

Eh, quite a lot of Englishmen (In my eyes) aren't originally from England, so it's not a prerequisite :P pfft, that's still popping up! :D

What you mean is a British peraon not an Englishman :-P Its a common mistake for aome reason but 2/3rds of the UK are not English.. I have zero direct English blood in me >_<

Why, WHY would they have someone who speaks broken english as the SUPERVISOR?! They are asking for confusion and just overall issues, they honestly sound like they screwed themselves over on purpose.

I ordered my new Windows 7 Pro discs on Sept 23rd and was told by the company that they were mailed that afternoon by USPS (Post office).

So I got a tracking number to follow.  It never said anything but "Electronic scan".  So I waited and waited, and yesterday I called the company

that I bought it from and asked them where the package was at.  I have talked to this lady about three times and each time I get a different

answer.  I then called the USPS and they told me that the package has not been mailed yet.  It has been electronically scanned for postage

So I called the company back again and got the same lady.  Now you have to understand this,  this lady speaks broken English and is Mexican,

and she is the support person.  The company is in Anaheim, California.  So I tell her what the USPS just told me and she says she will 

expedite the package as 2-day mail.  I asked her this,  Why did you keep telling me it had been shipped, when you knew it had not been shipped?

She said that her computer says it has been shipped.  So I asked to talk to someone else.  She puts me on hold.  Then about 2 minutes later,

she says,  "Hello, may I help you?"  I said, "You have been helping me for the last ten minutes,  I asked you to get a supervisor who could answer

my questions".  She replied. " I am the supervisor".  "Then where is the owner?"  "He is not here, may I help you?"  So I said, "No you may not.  I

am turning this over to Citibank MasterCard and let them work this problems out."   Which I did.

I got the notification today from the USPS that my package has been picked up and is on it's way to me.

I got a call this morning from Citibank and the woman on there said that the problem has been taken care of and the package is on it's way.

Here is what Citibank told those people.  Ship the package immediately and make it 2 day without any charge to me.  The company then was told

by Citibank that they had several complaints from other Citibank card users about poor business practices from this company.  They have now

placed that company on a 30 day listing with the BBB, if there are anymore complaints from Citibank cardholders about this company, they are

going to be dropped from the Citibank users listing.  (Citibank won't do business with them anymore)  They will be placed on the bad list for all

VISA and MasterCard holder companies and could lose the ability to be able to accept those cards anymore.

@Smoke. Qurious how you came across these guys anyway? Why not order from someone more reputable like Newegg or Tiger Direct?

Off Topic-Ironically I used to live about 2 miles from their mailing address. Never heard of them but then again that was 4 yrs ago.

I actually found them from a friend's suggestion.  He has ordered a lot of software from them.  When I told him of my trials with them, he just said he has been 100% satisfied with their stuff.

So I guess it just comes down to my bad luck.

I got two OEM versions of Win7Pro64 for less than I could pay for one.  That was the main reason.  I am satisfied with the product.

Would it not have been easier to go down to your local pc outlet to go and purchase the disks instead of waiting for a half-arsed company to mail them out to you? :)

Would it not have been easier to go down to your local pc outlet to go and purchase the disks instead of waiting for a half-arsed company to mail them out to you? :)

Typically I would agree with this, but since he's getting a heavily discounted product I have a feeling that price vs immediate need won out.  Reviews of this place it seems pretty hit or miss. I appreciate Ol Smoke throwing the word out there so no-one else gets jerked around.

Glad to hear everything worked out okay for you Smoke. Look fwd to seeing you in game sometime.

• Like 1