Minecraft Switching Minecraft versions...

Midnight

Well apparently Minecraft updated their launcher, and if you are like me, you have your launcher set to automatically update with each patch.  So the newest patch is 1.6.4 and here is what they say:

This update fixes world generation bugs that would appear in 1.7. It is recommended that you use this version and load up important areas of your world before heading into Minecraft 1.7.

Problem is, our servers are 1.6.2, so with this 1.6.4 patch, it will not allow us to play on the server.  And I was unable to install the version switcher that Corey posted here.

So with GI-Joe's help I figured it out and thought I'd make a short instruction on how to do it. I was trying to record it so that I could put it on YouTube but that was giving me trouble, so here are words and pictures. YAY!

1. Open up your Minecraft launcher. I have mine pinned to the taskbar, which makes it really easy to get to. Just like the stash of needles for my heroine... JK

2. Your Minecraft window will look like this. If you look at the bottom right corner, where the yellow box is, you will see the version.  This is the newest patch, per the date of this instruction.

Minecraftversion1_zpsf681266c.jpg

3. Go ahead and click continue and you will get this view when you want to play on our multiplayer servers.

minecraftversion2_zps144401a5.jpg

4. There is a fix! We want you. Go back to the main screen, before you hit play and click create a new profile! THIS WILL NOT GET RID OF YOUR XP ETC!

Minecraftversion3_zps1ba8c1c4.jpg

Make sure you scroll down and click "release 1.6.2"  Then save profile as whatever you want to call it.  Mine is just copy of mediumnachos.

Woohoo! You can now play on our servers!

Minecraftversion4_zpsf766f009.jpg

I hope this helps!

• Like 8

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I thought this was pinned for easy finding? Does it need to be updated or is there a new way/

I mean the only thing that would need updated.. is the version numbers.. Which doesn't really matter. Regardless of what version you need to change to, your tutorial shows exactly what it needs to