So almost wrecked yesterday, Could have been bad.

Levi

I drive a 91 s10 Blazer I'm currently restoring to factory condition well when I bought the truck it had these huge tires, and I mean huge the front tires scrubbed if turned at full clock. Anyway I kept them on there until I could get some new tires, but one day while going to visit my grandmother I hit 3 big rivets in the road, and the tire didn't come off then (55 mph).

Well I stopped at the end of the road took a left shifted into 2nd and boom the tire goes sideways my truck leans real hard and I slide into the ditch. So I really do realize now how luck I am because it took me around 20ft to stop when it came off and I was only doing 15-20mph. If I were doing around 55 when I hit those rivets because I'm pretty sure they are the reason the tire broke off Could possibly not even be here right now.

What I didn't know is those tires had an adapter to fit the truck. They weren't made for the truck so they put on adapters to make them fit, and the bolts on the adapter sheared right off. Just thought I'd ramble about this, and I'll post pictures later but man o man If it would of happened going in excess of 50mph I would of been boned!

glad to hear you didn't die  :eek , And I have restored more than a few vehicles over the years and It never ceases to amaze me what some people will do to alter the vehicle, It's scary. One truck I remember the guy put wood blocks under the front springs to lift the front end, well the factory spring clips would fit anymore so he used plumbers strap to hold it  in. I couldn't believe he didn't die driving that thing. Really sad part was I bought new springs for it and it only cost about 200 dollars for all four springs with new hardware. Gett those pics up I cab't wait to see them 

Thank God you are ok! I been in similar situations! I had a tire fly off going down the Highway...and...well.... it was NOT :censored FUN!

But thankfully i did not get hurt and you are ok also! Wasn't our time to go

Edited by DaRaider
  • Like 1