F|A Beginners #2 XPS problem..

El indio

This just happens to 19 out of 20 people,the only people you see playing on F|A are people i helped.

This server is empty.. there must be something wrong,a week ago,every person could join,no 'download acking' or whatever it is.

It does this to 19/20 people.. maybe the server needs to be taken off then put back on..idk i'm a novice with computers..but i know last week this never happened..not once..now every person..

You can ask Vikegirl about it.

post-11738-0-38343900-1379166033_thumb.jpg

post-11738-0-84837300-1379166043_thumb.jpg

post-11738-0-85549000-1379166053_thumb.jpg

• Administrators

Their is nothing you or I can do unless those players run the pk3 cleaner. 

http://fearless-assassins.com/files/file/374-enemy-territory-auto-pk3-cleaner/

It's simple to run pk3 cleaner. pk3 was corrupted causing issues and we had to fix it which requires either players to delete old pk3 or let pk3 cleaner clean it for you.

I understand your concern and appreciate your feedback and i have also updated server enter page where it shows if you have problem connecting server please check forums with our website address. Their is nothing you or i can do here. Slowly those players will visit forums and they will run pk3 cleaner and they will be back on server. 

Ok,well i don't think it will happen,people just want to play,not go around forums.. it will be the death of this server..

Can you not just delete that server and open another with the same name but different provider?

There must be something..

• Administrators

Ok,well i don't think it will happen,people just want to play,not go around forums.. it will be the death of this server..

Can you not just delete that server and open another with the same name but different provider?

There must be something..

Different provider would cost me extra $$ and sorry to say when i haven't reached this year goal I can't open new one. 

Opening up a new server would just be even more work and more money. I was on Jay2 earlier today with no issue, so it's obviously not server side. It has to do with the pk3 files getting corrupted client side- not server-side. Nothing happens to the pk3 files on the server, they're in one directory- and read only I'm sure. People who bounce around to other servers besides F|A's have the likelihood of having this issue happen to them though. Pretty simple solution if you ask me, just keep playing on the best servers around. ;)

And indio, if you wanna donate (hint, hint): http://fearless-assassins.com/donation.html

It isn't clientside..if you read my post,a week ago.. EVERY..yes EVERY single person could join,now 1/10

I'm pretty sure it's serverside I don't bounce around on servers,i've played on F|A Servers since i found them..how could i get it?

I don't see why you don't just wait until your server contract (monthly or yearly) runs out,don't pay for another month/year,just open a new server with another provider,this makes sense to me, the only issue is it would take some work..i don't see how it can cost more to stop paying for one server & open another under the same name once the contract runs out,or lease whatever you want to call it.

Well when you're $2400 short of breaking even for the year, it IS a lot of money. Dare isn't made of gold, ya know. ;)

pk3 was corrupted causing issues and we had to fix it which requires either players to delete old pk3 or let pk3 cleaner clean it for you.

^ edit: So they did have to alter the PK3 files. So the CRC or whatever it uses for verification won't match unless you download the new ones. And even if there were to be a new server... it's the same thing. They'd still have to run the cleaner, and re-download the PK3 files.

And, to be honest, I'm not seeing too much of a drop in the number of players per week, as you can check here: http://www.gametracker.com/server_info/108.61.21.94:27960/

For the record, Dare has been doing this for some 4+ years now, I'd imagine he knows just a littttle more than you and I combined when it comes to what's involved in hosting the F|A servers.

• Administrators

Do you pay for a year or something?

We pay monthly and a month in advance but changing servers wouldn't solve a thing for beginners #2.

It isn't clientside..if you read my post,a week ago.. EVERY..yes EVERY single person could join,now 1/10

I'm pretty sure it's serverside I don't bounce around on servers,i've played on F|A Servers since i found them..how could i get it?

I don't see why you don't just wait until your server contract (monthly or yearly) runs out,don't pay for another month/year,just open a new server with another provider,this makes sense to me, the only issue is it would take some work..i don't see how it can cost more to stop paying for one server & open another under the same name once the contract runs out,or lease whatever you want to call it.

As I said it's pk3 corruption issue which can be easily solve using pk3 cleaner. 

Changing server is not going to fix anything. Server had pk3 which was causing issues and we fixed the pk3 for good. Now players need to get new one to join beginners #2 but since they have old one they can't get new one... Easy way ? Delete old pk3 or just run auto pk3 cleaner. 

If changing host was going to fix the issue, I would had done it same day. 

You got the wrong server,i know a bit more than you must think i do.

My bad. I was looking at Jay2. It's still not as bad as only 1/20 people can connect.

And by all means, tell DareDevil how to run his clan. Why not PM him with your qualifications and experience while you're at it? I'm certainly not going to, I'm just here to have fun, make friends, and give advice. Now since my advice and (previous) friendliness obviously isn't welcome to you, I'll be taking my leave.

Never told him how to run a clan,although i have experience & "qualificiations"

(GBU) [T2D] and FiD were around before the days of F|A.

I'm was just intrested in how to fix it,but as there is nothing anybody can do,it will become a pretty empty server,thanks for your time anyway.

• Administrators

I'm was just intrested in how to fix it,but as there is nothing anybody can do,it will become a pretty empty server,thanks for your time anyway.

Simple.. tell anyone u know on xfire or anywhere to run pk3 cleaner. 

It might be empty for a while till players get new pk3 but i have new plans for beginner #2. We will be using that server for more special purposes and settings would be changed. 

Server has been dead or super low active since many months and it's time to change somethings to make it more popular. 

When i changed few things on Fun #1 server from Jaymod to silEnT mod many where against it.. but right now? Within 3-6 months it's super popular now!

b_560_95_1.png

I don't think this will solve anything & it being popular doesn't mean much these days.. buying expensive rubbish from china is really popular at the moment but it's no good.

What changes? the server is fine apart from a lag issue and it does have some people,i just wanted to get back some of the regulars on that server,but that's not going to happen.

• Administrators

I don't think this will solve anything & it being popular doesn't mean much these days.. buying expensive rubbish from china is really popular at the moment but it's no good.

What changes? the server is fine apart from a lag issue and it does have some people,i just wanted to get back some of the regulars on that server,but that's not going to happen.

Then how about you donate some $$? I am sure since you where involved in clan which existed way back before F|A ... is closed now... Might be some reason? We have been around since last 5 years....  Servers aren't cheap and if you plan to donate xx amount for xx months sure i can move server or add another server just for you with your settings. 

How about you support the servers you play on so we don't have to buy servers which are rubbish according to you? 

Server is fine for you but for me it's clearly not. I like to see all my servers popular...  If u want to get back regulars on server? Contact them on xfire... and ask them to run pk3 cleaner. If they don't have pk3 cleaner.. 

If they don't have xfire.. look up on SL on where they play http://et.splatterladder.com/ and ask them to run pk3 cleaner. 

How about you start helping?