• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log In with Steam Log In with Google Sign In
  • Create Account
Photo

Can't run the ET

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Myszon

Myszon

L3: Novice

• Regular User
  • 108 posts
A step in the right direction
  • Admin:15
  • Server:COD4 #1
  • Alias:=F|A= Myszon
  • T-M:COD:4-3

Hey guys. After a few years I've been playing ET, I decided to try once again :P but there's a problem.

So...

I've downloaded the OS X version, unpacked, installed the file, installed PB file. Untill now everything was fine. Once I try to run the game I see  this small window loading something, just before running the game and, on my dock bar ET icon appears, but the speakers are giving me a strange noise like hmm groaning. Nothing else happens. I mean, no even black screen after this small window dissapears.  to stop this noise I have to hit command+alt+esc and force ET to stop.

I tried to run it on Macbook Pro 13" no retina from mid 2012

Thanks

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!

Owned

Owned

CoC General

• CS Member
  • 797 posts
Has a brilliant future
  • EvolveHQ:0wn3d
  • Admin:12
  • Server:NQ1
  • Alias:Owned?!
  • Steam ID:76561198029594679
  • T-M:ET: 1-1

Donator

Contributor

did you install it with or without a guide? there is a guide for mac installations becouse they require some other things aswell if i am correct.

Myszon

Myszon

L3: Novice

• Regular User
  • 108 posts
A step in the right direction
  • Admin:15
  • Server:COD4 #1
  • Alias:=F|A= Myszon
  • T-M:COD:4-3

well I opened a readme file and all I had there was just "drag the ET folder into the applications, then install PB"

But thanks for the info, I'll google for some guides in a few hours when I have a time, and I'll check it

//UPDATE

So.. did the thing with .cfg file and now I can run the game but when I choose the server I want to connect it "thinks" couple of secs and shuts itself up

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users