Unknown facts that you might like to know.

Ol Smoke

The Scotts-Irish people built everything in the USA that ever lasted.  They also gave us country

music, whiskey, the fiddle, free style dancing, and buckle shoes and belts. There are bridges still being used today that they built in 1700's.

There are countless government buildings and churches still in use today that were built by S-I rock masons.

The Mohawk Indians built the upper parts of most of the early skyscrapers in New York.  Yep.

They have a unique thing about them.  They aren't scared of heights and they have incredible balance.  Without them, the skyscrapers would be about 10 stories tall.  The white guys who were hired to do the job, either wouldn't or fell to their deaths.

Here is something that is cool to know.  Christopher Columbus and his crew gave the South

American native peoples smallpox.  The natives gave them venereal disease.  True.  The

Spanish all but wiped out the native peoples there.  But, the Indians killed more than 3 million

Europeans during the dark ages, because of VD and the fallout of the disease.

The Italians never saw a tomato before Columbus carried them back to Spain.  The Spaniards

never used them because they thought the red color would kill them.  So they shipped them to Italy as a weapon.  But the Italians found them delicious and cultivated them.  Then after 50 years or so, the Spaniards bought them back.  Today, both countries argue they discovered them.  But they actually came from Panama.

There were no horses, pigs or cows in the Americas until the Spaniards came over.  They left the pigs here, thinking they would have food when they came back.  They left the horses for other reasons.  Within ten years, there were 5,000 horses in Central and North America.  There were over 300,000 pigs here.  Today there are over 3 million wild pigs in the Americas.  The Comanche Indians were the first to find a way to harness the power of the horse and to see what they could do to further their tribe's command over other Indian tribes.  Even today the Comanche are considered the best horsemen on the planet.

The Irish claim to have farmed the potato from the beginning.  But actually the Inca, grew them first. They were brought back by Cortez to Europe where the Irish became the first to grow them.

Edison only thought up two things.  The phonograph and the motion picture camera.  All the other things he has his name on were just improvements on already discovered products.  The lightbulb you say?  He only found, that after a long period of testing, what filament material would burn the longest before failure. The standard screw in for a light bulb came from a design on his cane.

Edison tried to have Tesla commited to an insane asylum .  When that didn't work he tried to kill him.  Then he tried to discredit him.  But in the end...Tesla's idea for AC power was correct.  Edison finally built a power company using Tesla and Westinghouse's design.  Today it is known as...Con-Ed in the northeast. Edison had as many as 30 men working for him at one time, coming up with ideas, and proving others.  When they actually invented something worthwhile...he fired them and stole their idea.

What was the first color, full motion, video making computer?  Nope, you are all wrong.  This computer came out in the days of the Commodore 64, about 1985.  It is called the Amiga. It was built by the Commodore Computer company.  It had 4 separate cpu's and 1 meg of RAM.  Yet it produced a video so good that it was used in the making of Triassic Park.

Now for extra credit,  what were the names of the CPU's in the Amiga?  Why were they named that?

Did you know that the three guys who started Fearless-Assassins once worked in the CIA?  Or maybe it was Wal-Mart?  They aren't saying.

WORD!

• Like 6

The whole point of this thread was the TITLE.    Some of it is true but some of it is unknown.  Get it.

I just wanted to see how many people could pick out the false stuff.  Like Triassic Park.  It was actually  "Jurassic Park"  but the Amiga thing was real.

• Like 2

"Here is something that is cool to know. Christopher Columbus and his crew gave the South

American native peoples smallpox. The natives gave them venereal disease. True. The

Spanish all but wiped out the native peoples there. But, the Indians killed more than 3 million

Europeans during the dark ages, because of VD and the fallout of the disease."

If the native American spread VD to Europe, how could it have killed European people in the Dark Ages? The named period of time ended about 1100 (after Christ) and European explorers collided with Americans later, about 1400-1600

Edited by FinZeroX

• Leader

The whole point of this thread was the TITLE.    Some of it is true but some of it is unknown.  Get it.

I just wanted to see how many people could pick out the false stuff.  Like Triassic Park.  It was actually  "Jurassic Park"  but the Amiga thing was real.

Yeah, I detected some very odd 'facts' in your post, but did not want to hurt your feelings, like a flame-troll!  Ha-ha, you got me good!

Dark Ages, indeed!

• Leader

http://www.livescience.com/28560-feral-pigs-running-wild.html

"...currently more than 5 million wild hogs in the United States, according to the U.S. Department of Agriculture.",

and " "If a feral-hog sow produces a dozen piglets, 13 survive," goes an old joke..."  It's not so funny anymore.

Sources say the population is exploding and spreading far across the USA. Animal-Rights activists are protesting the hunts that try to keep the porcine populations from increasing so much, but they forget that this is an Invasive Species that is endangering many Native Species in the Western Hemisphere.

http://wildpiginfo.msstate.edu/history-wild-pigs.html

"Range expansion over the last 20 years is mostly a result of illegal translocation of pigs by humans..." , and

"In the early 1900’s, Eurasian or Russian wild boar were introduced into portions of the United States"  ( I suppose by hunters )

I'd better fix up my Granny's old 1890 25-35 Winchester and go help out with these hybrid monsters.  No wonder the coyotes are coming into the cities of California:  they fear the 300-pound pigs invading their range! (136 kg)

"In the early 1900’s, Eurasian or Russian wild boar were introduced into portions of the United States"  ( I suppose by hunters )

I'd better fix up my Granny's old 1890 25-35 Winchester and go help out with these hybrid monsters.  No wonder the coyotes are coming into the cities of California:  they fear the 300-pound pigs invading their range! (136 kg)

Sounds like one hell of a steak to me!