Profile pictures in facial recognition database

I just read that facebook updated his terms and conditions stating that they might use profile pictures for facial recognition. So for instance when u are in a picture with someone that is not youre friend yet facebook wil suggest that person as a friend after a database search based on facial recognition.

Source:

http://www.nbcnews.com/technology/facebook-may-add-your-profile-photo-facial-recognition-database-8C11030921

So do you think its cool or do you think its creepy and against privacy standarts?

• Like 1

OH end this lol:

Google's social network, Google+, also employs similar technology, but requires user consent. And it has banned third-party software makers from using facial recognition technology in apps designed for its Glass wearable computer.

I think it's fine because u are able to choose wether u want your picture included. But imagine, every person can see where you have been, everyone can get to know alot of info about you without any effort. I wouldnt like to show my future collegues what the hell kind of crazy things im doing as a student let alone how i look in the back of somebodies picture on a festival.

Big Brother is ALWAYS watching!

Very true. Given the recent media leaks it's probably unimaginable their exact length. Using a search syntax and a little bit of general information you can find a wealth of information on people online. With an IP address you can have their location in a few moments. The idea of being anonymous or secure online is a joke. I remember looking at millions of plain text documents for AOL customers in the Merlin database as a kid. The point is regardless if Facebook invades your privacy or not there are a billion other people who can and will the moment the information goes online.

• Like 1

Heh... it only sees what u put there or allow to see :) remenber ur rights :)

Masa_1964

No thats the point im trying to make. If ur drunk somewhere and doing the crazy and unintentially end up in the background of somebodies photo this software can tag and recognize u...

No thats the point im trying to make. If ur drunk somewhere and doing the crazy and unintentially end up in the background of somebodies photo this software can tag and recognize u...

This reminds me of the waivers you have to sign citing no photos/videos when you want to party with people like Justin Bieber and such. I wonder if privacy invasions like this will eventually lead some clubs/hangouts to independently enforce this sort of stuff. At the same time a celeb getting wasted on camera in their club is great publicity to them so prolly not.

• Like 1