• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log In with Steam Log In with Google Sign In
  • Create Account

George Zimmerman's wife admits to lying under oath

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Certified Mikutard

• ET Member
  • 2,682 posts
Is a bearer of wisdom
  • EvolveHQ:Xernicus
  • Admin:16
  • Server:Jay3
  • Alias:=F|A=Xernicus
  • Steam ID:0:0:57748879
  • T-M:ET: 7-6

This is a huge piece of news this morning from ABC: http://abcnews.go.co...ory?id=20093385

Apparently during the bond hearing for Zimmerman, the family lied about money that was coming in through a PayPal donation site-- up to $200,000 dollars worth. This plea from Shellie Zimmerman will allow her to avoid a felony charge.

Now here's what I don't get. Why in the hell should she not be charged with a felony? That's fraud, plain and simple. In fact, call it tax fraud as well, because they would've had to lie to the IRS about it. Granted, I don't want to pay for her jail cell but this, to me, is a sign of how ridiculous the justice system is getting.

And I don't think I have to say this, but let's keep the politics out of this thread. Because politics make people very nasty- and we're here to have fun :D

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!

L4: Apprentice

• COD Member
  • 467 posts
Has a spectacular aura
  • Admin:12
  • Server:COD4 #3
  • Alias:melgibson

Actually, I agree with the judge's decision. By just leaving it as 100 hours of community service, he can keep the media from blowing this into a massive poop-storm. If she had to actually defend herself in a real trial and she was facing an actual conviction, imagine the media fiasco that would ensue. Old wounds would be reopened, and it'd just be a nasty mess. It's better to give her a slap on the wrist and hope there isn't an explosion.

L6: Expert

• ET Member
  • 830 posts
On a distinguished road
  • Admin:12
  • Server:Silent #1
  • Alias:=F|A=Shinobi
  • Steam ID:grayice27

Nothing we can really do about it now XD