George Zimmerman's wife admits to lying under oath

Xernicus

This is a huge piece of news this morning from ABC: http://abcnews.go.com/US/george-zimmermans-wife-takes-perjury-plea-deal/story?id=20093385

Apparently during the bond hearing for Zimmerman, the family lied about money that was coming in through a PayPal donation site-- up to $200,000 dollars worth. This plea from Shellie Zimmerman will allow her to avoid a felony charge.

Now here's what I don't get. Why in the hell should she not be charged with a felony? That's fraud, plain and simple. In fact, call it tax fraud as well, because they would've had to lie to the IRS about it. Granted, I don't want to pay for her jail cell but this, to me, is a sign of how ridiculous the justice system is getting.

And I don't think I have to say this, but let's keep the politics out of this thread. Because politics make people very nasty- and we're here to have fun :D

Actually, I agree with the judge's decision. By just leaving it as 100 hours of community service, he can keep the media from blowing this into a massive poop-storm. If she had to actually defend herself in a real trial and she was facing an actual conviction, imagine the media fiasco that would ensue. Old wounds would be reopened, and it'd just be a nasty mess. It's better to give her a slap on the wrist and hope there isn't an explosion.