ET crashing

Thing

Start game with "C:\Program Files (x86)\Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory\ET.exe"+set logfile 1

That will start logging whats error and post the error. xfire me tomorrow on xfire and I will see what I can do.

Sure

we use nod32 it works perfect for us...:D

F-secure works perfect for me

Start game with "C:\Program Files (x86)\Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory\ET.exe"+set logfile 1

That will start logging whats error and post the error. xfire me tomorrow on xfire and I will see what I can do.

Added you in xfire but heres log

ET 2.60b win-x86 May 8 2006

----- FS_Startup -----

Current search path:

D:\Documents and Settings\Marko\Työpöytä/etmain

----------------------

0 files in pk3 files

----- CL_Shutdown -----

-----------------------

Couldn't load default.cfg - I am missing essential files - verify your installation?

I am still sure it's the .cfg causing the start-up error. It's the only thing that shows as not loading/working.

This is your problem:

Couldn't load default.cfg - I am missing essential files - verify your installation?

But why you sometimes manage to get to the server and then crash I have no idea.

Have you used Google yet?

Edited by Terror Time

• Administrators

Wait for tonight or tomorrow morning (GMT -5 i.e my local time) . We can use remote desktop and fix your issue. Till then install the team viewer from http://www.teamviewer.com/

Did you reinstall using the link medic gave?

I used that one myself a few weeks back and that is a good install.

When you uninstalled the previous install did you manually delete the folders that were left behind?

Possibly a corrupt pak imo because of a bad install.

ok just to be sure you don't have corrupt files in your et folder please install ET in different folder

by default its Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory this time change it and make Enemy Territory

and try to start and play