Nuketown for COD4

Orcface

There is a Nuketown map for COD4 that I've seen running on a few servers. It's spot on and a lot of fun. Would love to see it in rotation on Beginners server some day. It's available for download easily enough with a Google search or just join a server running it and it'll download. If you're interested check it out some time. Thanks and take it easy.

quick edit: In the server browser the map name appears as mp_nuketown and it was made by NBZI, There are a couple of servers that run it 24/7. You can also see some video of it on YouTube.

Edited by Orcface

Looking at the map, I saw that it's a replica from Black Ops. 2 issues that might come up. First, it being a modded map and whatnot, people would have to download it, and they may not like that. Second, Nuketown is a very small map for a server like Beginners that has an average of 30+ people.

Yeah, with the amount in the beginners server that would be one heck of a cluster ... at times. Didn't think of that earlier, I just really like Nuketown lol. I bet you could just spawn and shoot a rocket at your feet and get kills lol. 

might consider it for the promod server but like king said it really wouldnt be the best fit on beginners....

YES PEALSE :D Put it on promod, really can help out populating it. Everyone loves NukeTown.

It would be a enormous cf with overlapped spawning and people wall spamming with lmgs as far as the eye can see.

^ I love this comment, but don't forget the nades! Never forget the nades!

EDIT: Forgot to say something useful. I'm with Lain/Speed, stick it on Promod :)

Edited by Heretic121

I like a standard promod rotation, having a different map discourages people from staying in the server because they have to download it. I love nuketown, but I would discourage adding it to any server rotations for that reason.

I like a standard promod rotation, having a different map discourages people from staying in the server because they have to download it. I love nuketown, but I would discourage adding it to any server rotations for that reasBut 

I don't think one map would drive people away though. I mean, at some point, they had to download them, right? 

But yeah, I think it should be put on the promod server.

If you don't have promod already then you'd have to download the mod. Why be upset if you have to download a map that's "perfect for promod" :)

• Like 1

This is going to sound argumentative, please don't take it that way, but how so? Why would they have to eventually download them? If they want to play on our server yes, you would be correct with that assumption. But if they don't want deal with custom maps, they just won't play on our server. The few regulars that we have generally join us on teamspeak and then members would already be aware. But that is not who we are going for, we are looking for fresh blood. Let me explain, you're not a member and just joined a random promod server with around 5-6 people in there. Perfect, just the right number of people. You're not on the teamspeak that is being advertised, just typing with the team. You play a few of the standard maps, then out of nowhere, you are downloading a map. A map download typically take 3 minutes or so because download speed within the game suck. You just want to play promod, not worry about downloading a map, so you move on. Find another server. 

That is what I would do and have done in the past. I don't want to bother with custom maps. Especially when it looks like a normal server with just one custom map. I think it would be possible to introduce this in the future, once the server is more stable. But we already run a completely different map rotation than most promod servers, which I enjoy not saying anything against that. Those types of players look for a standard set of maps, running a single custom map will do more harm than good. my2cents

If you don't have promod already then you'd have to download the mod. Why be upset if you have to download a map that's "perfect for promod" :)

most people who are playing promod already have the mod, and have been playing for years. There are a few people here and there that will have to download of course, but generally speaking, people playing promod already have it and are not expecting a download at all.

Again, this is just my opinion. I will still play either way it goes.

In my personal experience it downloaded right in the client and took about 3 minutes as stated. I can see it might discourage some people for various reasons, but i'm rather new to COD4 on the PC and the way the players and communities behave. 

As far as not wanting to play custom maps I can understand some peoples view on that. As far as people who leave because they just don't want to wait three minutes on a download I'm not too keen on that. It my personal opinion it's a short download for a decent map that a lot of ppl like so if they've not the patience for that what it makes me wonder what else they've not the patience for.

But hey I'm new here so I'm not trying to push anyones buttons or force anything upon anyone, was just an idea :o I'll be playing either way :P For me it's the community here that've been nice and fun, not the maps that have kept me here.

edit: fixed me a typo :P

Edited by Orcface