Reallity

How do you guys keep the focus to get to studying for tests..

Since ive been on a break from my study i can't get to start studying for any of my tests. For instance in 2 hours my next test is and i haven't started yet ^^ I just sit around and do useless stuff like watch tv check forums or clean my room. Any tips for the future? And don't start with ritalin i've tried that :P

I haven't studied for a test in over 3 years. That'll change now though. School starts on Monday and this year I got tons of theory lessons etc. since I'm getting my driver's licence through school (free instead of the $3000 you have to pay for everything to get a licence) Actually I've payed about $100 for the mandatory visit to the doctor's office. Other than that, I'll be taking 3 classes more than most of my classmates so my days will probably be 8.00-17.00.

Everyone has there own unique way that works for them. Those of you in high school can most likely get by with just being in the classroom because a lot of what is taught is nothing more than rote memorization of useless sh!t.  That's only going to take you so far though unless you have an eidetic memory.  I can tell you....since I've been in graduate school now for close to 10 years, if it's just something you have to memorize, nothing works better than repetition (e.g., flash cards).  If it's something that requires higher order understanding, one of the best ways is to teach it to someone who know nothing about it.  

Bottom line, high school is about nothing more than playing the game to get to where you want to be.  Once in college, it's about what YOU want learn about, thus you'll have more desire to learn.

• Like 3

Everyone has there own unique way that works for them. Those of you in high school can most likely get by with just being in the classroom because a lot of what is taught is nothing more than rote memorization of useless sh!t.  That's only going to take you so far though unless you have an eidetic memory.  I can tell you....since I've been in graduate school now for close to 10 years, if it's just something you have to memorize, nothing works better than repetition (e.g., flash cards).  If it's something that requires higher order understanding, one of the best ways is to teach it to someone who know nothing about it.  

Bottom line, high school is about nothing more than playing the game to get to where you want to be.  Once in college, it's about what YOU want learn about, thus you'll have more desire to learn.

^This...This is wisdom.

• Like 1

^This...This is wisdom.

Haha.....if wisdom comes from dicking around when I was younger and making things twice as hard as they needed to be because of it.....well then confucius is my b***!!

What?? What was that confucius?? STFU and go make me a sammich!!

Wisdom being application of knowledge, then yes you learned the hard way. Makes it easier for some of the other kids out there struggling to figure it all out.

Confucius say "ham and cheese or pb&j"

Well true. But all the free choice courses i take for college i have passed with flying colours.. But there are some mendatory boring piece of shit courses that just don't interest me and i can't be f***ing to learn 20 articles and a studybook out of my head.

• Leader

... because a lot of what is taught is nothing more than rote memorization of useless sh!t.  ....

It may seem "useless shit" now, but it may become more "important shit" later.  When you are thinking of some problem or hear someone's opinion, those little grains of shit in your brain may make you think, "Hey, this shit doesn't seem quite right!"  Then you go do your own research, wading through the 80-90-99% useless shit on the Internet. 

• Like 2

haha red....there's a lot of poo in that sentence there :lol

I get what you're saying. Any knowledge is good.  Maybe I should have put it in terms of passive and active learning......hmmm.....where's my adderall??

• Leader

haha red....there's a lot of poo in that sentence there :lol

Your words remind me of my confusion when the teacher starting talking about "poo-perfect". It took me a while to understand that she was saying "pluperfect"!

[ploo-pur-fikt]