• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log In with Steam Log In with Google Sign In
  • Create Account

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

Danny

Danny

L3: Novice

• User
  • 314 posts
On the road to fame
  • Admin:0
  • Server:Beginners #2
  • Alias:=F|A=Danny
  • T-M:ET: 2-1

So, I think you use Win 7? Maybe its more easier than we think and just start with administrator permissions can help you?

If not, add me to X-Fire.. than you could change some .dll ... maybe it could be help you, without deinstall the game..

that would be the steps, what i would done :D

Greetings

Danny

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!

Ann![email protected]

Ann![email protected]

L11: Assassin

• Leader
  • 5,160 posts
Honorable bastion of truth
  • EvolveHQ:FA_Annibal
  • Admin:20
  • Server:Jay3
  • Alias:[email protected]
  • T-M:ET: 20-14

After some search I thought might be the RAM addressing.. I ran a memtest in case.. But nothing found here. I did a fresh install of my ET and copy/pasted only my etkey, profile, cfg and maps.. But I left the hunkusage.dat and the specific dll's+pk3 files from the new install.. I used revo uninstaller to uninstall and remove every files, registry keys and so leave no old entry. Only the servercache.dat file is from my old install.

-Never happened on Jaymod and no any report from windows (Win7 Ultimate 64b)

-crash on every maps with hard lags (constant and large yellow band on lago. and a rendering like I was on 15 maxpackets)

-yes on 2.6b

-yes I get some warnings about shaders if I'm not wrong..Will take some ss of loadings and warnings messages in console.

@Danny: yea of course, it's a basic here.. Admin rights (always been) and tested in the 2 versions of XP+win7 compatibility..

Edited by Ann![email protected], 12 October 2013 - 09:46 AM.

SunLight

SunLight

• Clan Friend
  • 5,090 posts
Is a bearer of wisdom
  • Admin:10
  • Server:ETSW2
Contributor

The address 4710E0 in et 2.60b is probably R_AddDrawSurf, but the fact that it crashes there doesn't mean anything... maybe some thing gets a wrong value before it's called, and then it causes a crash (much) later.

I also notice now that the map is always caen2... didn't notice before.

Maybe some shader or other graphical element in that map is not loaded properly, because (unless I opened the wrong Enemy Territory, yours is 2.60b, right?)

at that address of your crash you have:

mov     edx, [ecx+48h]

and if that function is:

void R_AddDrawSurf( surfaceType_t *surface, shader_t *shader, int fogNum, int frontFace, int dlightMap )

in ecx there is probably the pointer to the shader, and (just guessing here) if maybe that pointer is NULL you get an access violation there.

Imho it happens only in that map at this point, but don't you get other errors maybe, in your log?

Ann![email protected]

Ann![email protected]

• Leader
  • 5,160 posts

on Jaymod:

2013-10-12-194943-sw_oasis_b3.jpg 2013-10-12-194955-sw_oasis_b3.jpg 2013-10-12-195010-sw_oasis_b3.jpg

On Silent:

2013-10-12-195207-cathedral_final.jpg 2013-10-12-195214-cathedral_final.jpg 2013-10-12-195409-sw_oasis_b3.jpg 2013-10-12-195440-sw_oasis_b3.jpg 2013-10-12-195449-sw_oasis_b3.jpg

SunLight

SunLight

• Clan Friend
  • 5,090 posts
Is a bearer of wisdom
Contributor

maybe next time use /condump :P

But that is not Caen2, I read Oasis, and Cathedral. If it's a problem with that map, then I guess your game would crash even if you watch a demo recorded by someone in the same map (Caen2) on Silent mod or Nq.

Unluckily that crash log doesn't say much, if my ET crashed then I would probably know why, because when something crashes I have an option to open a debugger. In that log they could have put at least the value of all cpu registers.

I also took a look at the backtrace in your log, and the function calling the crashing one is re.RenderScene (called from CL_CgameSystemCalls, case CG_R_RENDERSCENE)

Your game crashes always at the same address, so it's not a matter of ram, there's no need to perform memtests.

About those shaders warnings, I can't check atm but I think I get them as well. A good idea would be to go there if the map is Caen2, because apparently all your crashes happen there, and record a demo.

If the game crashes, make a copy of the log (play with /logfile 1, or better 2, so you will find etconsole.log in silent folder or etmain ) and the demo (but the demo would be truncated).

Ann![email protected]

Ann![email protected]

• Leader
  • 5,160 posts

Ok.. So I tried to fix some errors stated in the log of events in Windows the whole night until 5.30am.. Tested there's some mins, connected on silent (beginners2) and 2 or 3 mins later came again a crash.

demo (goldrush): Attached File  2013-10-13-143728-sw_goldrush_te.rar   1.3MB   19 downloads

log file:

Spoiler

Nothing special in the consol/logfile showed and then the famous message "ET.exe has stopped to function. Windows is searching a solution."

+GRANNY. aka BONAMANA

+GRANNY. aka BONAMANA

L7: Teacher

• Regular User
  • 1,010 posts
Will become famous
  • Admin:6
  • Server:None
  • T-M:ET: 1-1

nah-just reinstall :)

Edit: it can be your vid card

Ann![email protected]

Ann![email protected]

• Leader
  • 5,160 posts

nah-just reinstall :)

Edit: it can be your vid card

-ET reinstalled numerous time.

-driver of video card updated with old versions, new versions, versions who includes also the latest OpenGL 4.4.. Changed many times the PhysX version.. Updated also the iGPU driver.. And all this again.. :)

Atm I'm looking if there's any Kernel issues and fixing them.. And will see if there's any conflict btw PB in the hidden folders and the one in my WET.

;)

Edited by Ann![email protected], 13 October 2013 - 06:03 AM.

Ann![email protected]

Ann![email protected]

• Leader
  • 5,160 posts

Connected again, and apart from lags, everything was fine on Delivery map (did a demo). But on the following one (Venice map) ET crashed again..

log:

Spoiler

Noticing only now that half of the maps are not on the pure list.. Am going to delete every maps and download fresh ones..

Edited by Ann![email protected], 13 October 2013 - 07:49 AM.

SunLight

SunLight

• Clan Friend
  • 5,090 posts
Is a bearer of wisdom
Contributor

Address of the crash? Still the same?

re-downloading maps, reinstalling... hmm it doesn't convince me much.

Do you think a pure server would let you play with a pk3 with the wrong crc, without telling you anything? If a map is not in the pure list, it's just a map that is not played in that server. I'm not going to delete all my gammajump maps just because they aren't in the pure list, for example.

I know you have to try something, but imho it's either a driver issue or a problem with memory allocation in the game (even though I wonder why the game doesn't complain, then. Do you have enough com_hunkmegs?) Maybe the pk3 filesystem (too many pk3s? tried pk3 cleaner?) fails to load a file, it could be your config as well, but you would crash much more often in that case.

Your game crashes when it's drawing the 3d scene (I checked what's at that address in ET), so the first thing people would think is a driver problem (but then - why not on jaymod, since the engine is the same??)

You play in a pure server so it's guaranteed that you have the same pk3s everyone else has. (Well, cheaters can use unpure pk3s but you are not a cheater, so it doesn't count here). Unless there is some bug in this thing, redownloading a pk3 won't fix anything. Try to open a pk3 with a hexadecimal editor and change a single byte. You will be forced by the server to redownload it, just for a single wrong byte. If not, it means the pk3 is ok.

Or maybe you have too many pk3s, because there is a maximum limit afaik.

Try if you can see the address of the crash, if it's still the same as before.

Ann![email protected]

Ann![email protected]

• Leader
  • 5,160 posts

Address of the crash? Still the same? Yes always the same.

re-downloading maps, reinstalling... hmm it doesn't convince me much. Me too but I don't want to exclude any details.

Do you think a pure server would let you play with a pk3 with the wrong crc, without telling you anything? If a map is not in the pure list, it's just a map that is not played in that server. I'm not going to delete all my gammajump maps just because they aren't in the pure list, for example.

I know you have to try something, but imho it's either a driver issue or a problem with memory allocation in the game (even though I wonder why the game doesn't complain, then. Do you have enough com_hunkmegs?) Maybe the pk3 filesystem (too many pk3s? tried pk3 cleaner?) fails to load a file, it could be your config as well, but you would crash much more often in that case.

Your game crashes when it's drawing the 3d scene (I checked what's at that address in ET), so the first thing people would think is a driver problem (but then - why not on jaymod, since the engine is the same??) This is my opinion too but there's some rendering cvars not forced on jaymod. Am going also to modify some settings like multi threading to see what happens.

You play in a pure server so it's guaranteed that you have the same pk3s everyone else has. (Well, cheaters can use unpure pk3s but you are not a cheater, so it doesn't count here). Unless there is some bug in this thing, redownloading a pk3 won't fix anything. Try to open a pk3 with a hexadecimal editor and change a single byte. You will be forced by the server to redownload it, just for a single wrong byte. If not, it means the pk3 is ok.

Or maybe you have too many pk3s, because there is a maximum limit afaik. Yes I'm aware that's why I usually stores unused pk3's of maps in my archives and also deleted the whole of my pk3's.

Try if you can see the address of the crash, if it's still the same as before.

Checked in windows logs and seems he mostly provides me these 2 kind of errors:

Spoiler

Edited by Ann![email protected], 13 October 2013 - 10:44 AM.

+GRANNY. aka BONAMANA

+GRANNY. aka BONAMANA

L7: Teacher

• Regular User
  • 1,010 posts
Will become famous
  • Admin:6
  • Server:None
  • T-M:ET: 1-1

Me blond thinking tells me its your vid card kicking u of the game cos it is not able to perform (aka digest data it gets). Checked your logs and dont see any issues or reasons why it should crash. Dont think it is drivers of any software related (or even kernel Oo). You play on high resolution? Maybe reduce it? Maybe vid card gets too hot ?  anyway -good lucks fixing it

SunLight

SunLight

• Clan Friend
  • 5,090 posts
Is a bearer of wisdom
Contributor

in your Windows logs,

710f0 is the same address as before (I think it's an offset here, so you don't have the '4' at the start).

The other crash is a jaymod crash, probably unrelated.

about that demo, have you tried to replay some demo to see if your game crashes during demo replay as well?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: silent mod

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users