Random Map Rotation Generator.

Heretic121

Honestly, this looks like it could really speed up our map rotation changes, nice work man!

Thank you very much, Dddrgn ^_^

• 2 weeks later...

I've gone through it a few times. What is the difference between Deathmatch and Team Deathmatch? Is that a free-for-all?

I'm curious if there is a way when generating the randomness, to have a limited amount of a certain game type. So for example, let's say I chose 12 maps in the rotation but only wanted 2 for S&D, 4 Domination, 4 TDM and 2 HQ or something like that. Is this to complicated to be implemeted into the generator? Sounds like it would be a pita, but like I said, i'm just curious. It would add more control to the random while still being random.

what moxie said plus, there are just some game types that don't work with certain maps and server population drops every time that map starts ( learned that with some of the maps i requested with the last rotation  :embrass ) over all it looks like a good idea though 

Suggestions are always welcome, no matter what. So thank you.

I've gone through it a few times. What is the difference between Deathmatch and Team Deathmatch? Is that a free-for-all?

I'm curious if there is a way when generating the randomness, to have a limited amount of a certain game type. So for example, let's say I chose 12 maps in the rotation but only wanted 2 for S&D, 4 Domination, 4 TDM and 2 HQ or something like that. Is this to complicated to be implemeted into the generator? Sounds like it would be a pita, but like I said, i'm just curious. It would add more control to the random while still being random.

That's pretty much it. DM is a free-for-all, TDM is a team effort :)

It would be doable. It'd certainly mean a lot of work though :P If you want, I can have a look into it tonight because I've got some free time :)

what moxie said plus, there are just some game types that don't work with certain maps and server population drops every time that map starts ( learned that with some of the maps i requested with the last rotation ) over all it looks like a good idea though 

That was something I was looking at, but it requires a lot of community input to work out which maps work with which gametypes.

If you happy to, I'd appreciate some help with it :)

That was something I was looking at, but it requires a lot of community input to work out which maps work with which gametypes.

If you happy to, I'd appreciate some help with.

I'm always willing to help.

I can go throughout each map with each game type and see which one works the best and such.

I'm always willing to help.

That's nice to hear :)

I can go throughout each map with each game type and see which one works the best and such.

Considering you're a fairly excellent player (Obviously not as good as me :P) that'd be incredibly helpful :)

EmtHipple, would you be able to do the same as Moxie? So that I have something to compare her results with?

Then I can find common map/gametypes that work and use those to better the pairing of maps and gametypes :)

Thank you both for you help :)

Aright, so I went through all the maps with all gametypes. Here is a list of what I think works with each map. With TDM working for all maps. With no FFA, simply because FFA is a silly gametype.

Ambush -       HQ, DOM, S&D, SAB

Backlot -        HQ, DOM, S&D, SAB

Bloc     -         S&D, SAB

Bog      -        DOM, S&D, SAB

Countdown - DOM, S&D

Crash -          HQ, DOM, S&D, SAB

Crossfire -     HQ, DOM, S&D, SAB

District      -    HQ, DOM, S&D, SAB

Downpour  -   HQ, DOM, S&D, SAB

Overgrown* -  HQ, DOM, SAB

Pipeline  -       S&D, HQ, DOM

Showdown   -  SAB

Strike        -     HQ, DOM, S&D, SAB

Vacant    -        S&D, SAB, DOM

Wetwork     -     TDM only

Broadcast   -     S&D, SAB

Creek*           -   TDM only

Chinatown    -    SAB, DOM

*Overgrown, I strongly suggest that this map be played as Domination. It has got to be one of the best maps for this gametype. Also every player class (sniper, smg etc..) can be used efficiently.

*Creek,  most gametypes don't work because the map is so big but also because Spetsnaz has a huge advantage over the map.

One last thing; with HQ I suggest using the "HQ Activate Delay for 15 seconds". What this does is when the HQ pops up, you cannot start to capture it until the 15 second timer is out. This gives both teams a chance to grab the HQ incase it spawns much closer to the winning team. Also I think it would be better if the "HQ Lifetime" is set to 30 seconds instead of 1 minute. This way the people on the team who die, don't have to sit there forever til the HQ timer is up; as well as HQ points only accumulate to 35 points for a full cap instead of 65. Games will be slower to end with maxing out points but gives each team (especially teams being crushed) to capture a few HQs and comeback.

Let me know what you think.

• Like 2

Aright, so I went through all the maps with all gametypes. Here is a list of what I think works with each map. With TDM working for all maps. With no FFA, simply because FFA is a silly gametype.

Ambush -       HQ, DOM, S&D, SAB

Backlot -        HQ, DOM, S&D, SAB

Bloc     -         S&D, SAB

Bog      -        DOM, S&D, SAB

Countdown - DOM, S&D

Crash -          HQ, DOM, S&D, SAB

Crossfire -     HQ, DOM, S&D, SAB

District      -    HQ, DOM, S&D, SAB

Downpour  -   HQ, DOM, S&D, SAB

Overgrown* -  HQ, DOM, SAB

Pipeline  -       S&D, HQ, DOM

Showdown   -  SAB

Strike        -     HQ, DOM, S&D, SAB

Vacant    -        S&D, SAB, DOM

Wetwork     -     TDM only

Broadcast   -     S&D, SAB

Creek*           -   TDM only

Chinatown    -    SAB, DOM

*Overgrown, I strongly suggest that this map be played as Domination. It has got to be one of the best maps for this gametype. Also every player class (sniper, smg etc..) can be used efficiently.

*Creek,  most gametypes don't work because the map is so big but also because Spetsnaz has a huge advantage over the map.

One last thing; with HQ I suggest using the "HQ Activate Delay for 15 seconds". What this does is when the HQ pops up, you cannot start to capture it until the 15 second timer is out. This gives both teams a chance to grab the HQ incase it spawns much closer to the winning team. Also I think it would be better if the "HQ Lifetime" is set to 30 seconds instead of 1 minute. This way the people on the team who die, don't have to sit there forever til the HQ timer is up; as well as HQ points only accumulate to 35 points for a full cap instead of 65. Games will be slower to end with maxing out points but gives each team (especially teams being crushed) to capture a few HQs and comeback.

Let me know what you think.

I agree with the above.    Awesome work on that script! 

I only wish we could create 4-5 custom maps that are larger in size, and have set spawning points in the corners of the map, with a 10 second delay between respawning...  sorta like Black Hawk down used to have back in the day

Is this even possible?

Grim

Awesome, but there should be an option to select certain gametypes, like I would love to see TDM and HQ, maybe 1 S&D over like 5 maps depending on the amout of people playing of course.

And as for usual DM, i think it would be a total chaos on our servers with like 15.vs.15 or even more..just 24/7 tubing/nading..

Edit: Of course...I knew there were more gametypes..xD Sabotage and Domination are good too.

Edited by BlackTiger

Awesome, but there should be an option to select certain gametypes, like I would love to see TDM and HQ, maybe 1 S&D over like 5 maps depending on the amout of people playing of course.

And as for usual DM, i think it would be a total chaos on our servers with like 15.vs.15 or even more..just 24/7 tubing/nading..

Edit: Of course...I knew there were more gametypes..xD Sabotage and Domination are good too.

he was making it fit with out servers, reason why theres mix gametype (for 2 of our servers), SD (promod server) and all tdm for the others.

• 4 months later...

I like the idea of a random generator, but I do have some problems with it (I think many will agree with me). First off, there are Fricking TERRIBLE maps in the cod4 map bank, (Such as Killhouse, Shipment, Downpour) I would advise that once you generate it, you put it out on a topic to be talked about a little bit. Because if there is a bad map on there, it can be replaced with a really fun different map (Like Creek). Just my thoughts on it, ignore me if you think I am out of my depth. :D

Just realized this was old. Nevermind. :D