Random Map Rotation Generator.

Heretic121

So, after Speed gave me his blessing, I went ahead and created a random map rotation generator.

The generator will create a random rotation, with no duplicate maps. You can also chose TDM only, S&D only or Random (Mixed) gametypes.

It was done to make things easier for the Leaders when it came to creating a new map rotation and this way no one can say that a certain map was favoured more than another because it's all completely random.

You can find the map rotation generator >>here<<

Note: I, of course, mean pseudo-random as it's impossible to get truly random results.

Edited by Heretic121
  • Like 5

So I've just used the generator a number of times and the results were awesome.  In fact, it was like Christmas day, what with something new every time. I don't have aids, you do.

Great creation, well done.

problem with complete random is that 1 map can be allways in rotation and 1 map could never be in it so there is 1 way that if 1 map has been 2/3 in rotation it wouldnot be awailable for the 3/4 random roll but would be awailable for 4/5 random again

Heretic you might have to make it so that it rotates the way these guys are gonna be play round with it lol

You're going to have to explain that one a bit better o.O lol

problem with complete random is that 1 map can be allways in rotation and 1 map could never be in it so there is 1 way that if 1 map has been 2/3 in rotation it wouldnot be awailable for the 3/4 random roll but would be awailable for 4/5 random again

Yeah, I had thought about that. The thing is either it's random, or manipulated kind of random which isn't really random at all. I know the script is pseudo-random already, but I didn't think it'd be fair to start manipulating the results.

If you guys want me to make the script accept a little more input in the choice of results then I'll see what I can come up with :)

EDIT: I could add a bit so that you can exclude certain maps from the next rotation you make. Which wouldn't affect the randomness of it, but would allow you to keep certain maps out of the rotation for a bit :)

Edited by Heretic121

It looks really good but (there is always a but) what happens if the maps on there are non of the ones that were even voted or put forward.

Good Work Heretic

WolfENgang

...this way no one can say that a certain map was favoured more than another because it's all completely random.

...what happens if the maps on there are non of the ones that were even voted or put forward.

Well, if the community wants a specific map I'm sure the Leaders could put it in. Either that or they'll just stick solely to what the generator gives them.

Either way I have no idea and it's up to them lol :P

Great work Heretic!!!

this will make everything much more easier.

but, maybe something to look at:

I tried using the generator and got this rotation:

Vacant - Domination
Vacant - Deathmatch
Broadcast - Headquarters
Pipeline - Headquarters
Crash - Sabotage
China Town - Sabotage
Citystreets - Deathmatch
Crossfire - Team Deathmatch
Showdown - Domination

Twice vacant... :P

But still, great work mate!

Twice vacant... :P

Odd o.O Could have sworn I removed that bug. I'll check it again to make sure :D

EDIT:

Set a variable in the wrong bit (Inside the while() instead of before it). It's all fixed now and should work as intended.

Thanks Guardian :D

Edited by Heretic121

It works great and I am glad you stepped up to the plate. Like I told you it would have taken me several days to throw it together and right now I'm working on Minecraft stuff.  Your work is greatly appreciated and I am excited that we now have this. Like Speeds it cuts down on their work. Which reminds me of a topic titled " Lazy admins..." LOL! JK! 

I think despite what the results are it's random. Yes there is no true randomness, but it's random enough. :)

Thank you very much for those kind words, Midnight :) They're greatly appreciated ^_^

I just wanted to clear that up in case a smart ass decided to point it out lol