Killbox New Map Rotation

So no random PHP generated map rotations? :( I was looking forward to doing it :cry

EDIT: Speed looks like an awesome rotation :D

EDIT EDIT: Helped you out with that o key sticking

Edited by speedfact

So no random PHP generated map rotations? :( I was looking forward to doing it :cry

EDIT: Speedo, looks like an awesome rotation :D

I would say go ahead and create it.  Plus you will need to factor in the game types as well, which only increases the number of rotations.  At least this way it will be random and take some work off the leaders backs. 

we will start changing map rotations the beginning of the month (least within the first week) and ask for feedback and new rotation suggestions at the end of the month (the last week ish)

Hmm, I could factor in different gametype but I'd need two things:

1. What gametypes are available? - Easily get this from the interbutts.
  2. What gametypes/map combinations work? - Need community input for this.

http://mavrick.id.au/cod4-map-generator.php

I would think this was the purpose of the php program. To make it random.

Does this mean my services won't be needed? Because what I was thinking of was slightly more automated than that :)

I would think this was the purpose of the php program. To make it random.

It will be but do you mean that we don't care much about what gametype a map has?

What I was thinking was a script that generates a map rotation from a list of available maps, and available gametypes, without having to select what maps you want.

Also, Speed, would you say we're spamming this topic? Or would this be classed as a relevant discussion? :)

Does this mean my services won't be needed? Because what I was thinking of was slightly more automated than that :)

Nope you asked gametypes and map types, thats the way to go. If you want to know what works and what doesnt....good luck cause that will take an hour for me to tell you lol. Best bet go thru map rotation suggestion thread for the past couple years.

• Like 1

Nope you asked gametypes and map types, thats the way to go. If you want to know what works and what doesnt....good luck cause that will take an hour for me to tell you lol. Best bet go thru map rotation suggestion thread for the past couple years.

Thanks for the help dude :) I was going to say that it's a good resource :D

after playing the past few days, yes to smaller maps. alot of times we have 5 people tops and finding people can take awhile. I think this is leading to people getting bored easier and leaving.

• Like 2

Well this 1.6 guy who likes to play some 1.7 on the weekends went to Killbox today.  I sat there for an hour blowing up cars by myself on a couple of maps and then finally someone came in.  We got to play one map (vacant) that wasn't a lot of fun becaue it took too long to find each other, but we finished the map and then he left.  I hung out for a while longer and then went to Beginners where I couldn't play at first due to having to admin a troll issues.  I did get to play a couple of maps after that before having to leave.  I'd really love to see Killbox take back off and check it often to see if anyone is camping it, but most times I am on it is empty.