Jay 1 heavy weapon rule is NO more

JoeDirt

Panzer is fun but too easy and there's no skill needed to kill a fragger easily with it, as said before it's good for balance againt rambo medics, some people do use it all the time in jay3 and for me it's just an extra fun I enjoy trying to kill a paner dude before he blows me apart :) it's like a motivation for me xD

• Like 1

I can give you a list of players that you need the panzer, grenade launcher, mines and shot gun and

you may be able to kill them.  Or it may be  I just suck at times!

• 3 weeks later...

Personally I think panzer should go to whomever is getting killed the most. Ya know, to cheer them up. :yahoo

I've always had this sick fantasy of reverse-engineering jaymod and adding a feature where if nobody is alive and has panzer then someone from the next spawn is randomly chosen and forced to use panzer.

Alternatively, you could configure omnibot scripts so that a robot steals the panzer every 5 minutes and goes on a rampage. :lol

Why not just reduce the blast radius and damage of panzers, allow two of them per side and kick for team damage?

I reckon if you introduced team damage kick then people would be more cautious with heavy weapons. If you are not going to punish for team damage then you are more than likely to increase the spam in the game.

I've also noticed that some of the weapons feel default - specifically panzer and FG42 - but it could just be me lol.

• Administrators

Why not just reduce the blast radius and damage of panzers, allow two of them per side and kick for team damage?

I reckon if you introduced team damage kick then people would be more cautious with heavy weapons. If you are not going to punish for team damage then you are more than likely to increase the spam in the game.

I've also noticed that some of the weapons feel default - specifically panzer and FG42 - but it could just be me lol.

You are missing the point completely. Jay1 is a fun server. Rule was there to discourage few troublemakers.

You are missing the point completely. Jay1 is a fun server. Rule was there to discourage few troublemakers.

I understand that, but, just like excessive use of heavy weapons is 'not fun' so is getting flung/pushed around by team rnades, arty, mortar, and general spam.

Panzer is limited to one per side anyways so these trouble makers could have been "forced" to remove the pazner/heavy instead of enforcing such a rule IMO - one map per day, IMO, is too harsh especially when some maps finish prematurely.

My idea above worked well for our server and we improved this by instead of being kicked, you would shoot medpacks from the panzer if you reached enough team damage.

I understand that, but, just like excessive use of heavy weapons is 'not fun' so is getting flung/pushed around by team rnades, arty, mortar, and general spam.

Panzer is limited to one per side anyways so these trouble makers could have been "forced" to remove the pazner/heavy instead of enforcing such a rule IMO - one map per day, IMO, is too harsh especially when some maps finish prematurely.

My idea above worked well for our server and we improved this by instead of being kicked, you would shoot medpacks from the panzer if you reached enough team damage.

Lol at the medpacks :P But i dont think they are overpowered or that anoying in jay1. its just that more people want to try it and they need to share so if some1 askes for it or if i see a person have it for over 4 maps. Ill help this person be generous and let someone else have it.

Yes i like using Mortar but only for a few select maps, i wouldnt hog it for every map like some do panzer, For me i wouldnt change a thing you got a full server nearly all the time, if it aint broke dont try fixing it.,

Ignore the whiners and just play.

Edited by Menace.
  • Like 1

@Reality, yes it was lolsome when trying to figure out "Why the F**k am I shooting medpacks", asking it on the main and getting the following responses: lol, noob panzer, etc etc etc. What I forgot to mention was with this implementation we also included self-vapourisations. If we did implement this into Jay1 then it would stop majority of the noobs shooting around the corner and vaopurising themself for that one kill.

Anyways it looks like this rule is not enforeced anymore because I've seen one guy use the panzer 4 maps in a row.

D_R

• Administrators

@Reality, yes it was lolsome when trying to figure out "Why the F**k am I shooting medpacks", asking it on the main and getting the following responses: lol, noob panzer, etc etc etc. What I forgot to mention was with this implementation we also included self-vapourisations. If we did implement this into Jay1 then it would stop majority of the noobs shooting around the corner and vaopurising themself for that one kill.

Anyways it looks like this rule is not enforeced anymore because I've seen one guy use the panzer 4 maps in a row.

D_R

Of course its not. Look at the thread name next time.

I dont use heavy weapons and could care less if they were gone because its the same people using them and its annoying , i dont like motar or panzer and flamers , dont mind the mg42 because it is good for holding enemys back in combat

Of course its not. Look at the thread name next time.

Yes, my bad. I just went with the flow of the topic. I haven't been very active on the forums/ET lately so thats my excuse :P:).

Any chance we could enforce the 'medpack out of the panzer if too many self vapourisations and team damage' into Jay1? This would greatly discourage noobs from self killing to get one kills around the corner - for example - and thus allow others to use the panzer. This really was a solution and not just in our server.

D_R

Yes, my bad. I just went with the flow of the topic. I haven't been very active on the forums/ET lately so thats my excuse :P:).

Any chance we could enforce the 'medpack out of the panzer if too many self vapourisations and team damage' into Jay1? This would greatly discourage noobs from self killing to get one kills around the corner - for example - and thus allow others to use the panzer. This really was a solution and not just in our server.

D_R

That wont stop people holding onto the panz, in fact could have the opposite effect.

Anyway. Ive asked a few panz hoggers to let someone else have a go, making sure they know Im not going to do anything about it, and they have been willing to share.