Jay 1 heavy weapon rule is NO more

JoeDirt

• Administrators

As the title says, the rule is no more. Seems that lots of admins still don't understand it so rather then having some big debate and confusion the rule is no more. As a matter of fact there will be no more heavy weapons rule at all. Few people that are not allowed to use panzer will still not be not allowed to use them for obvious reasons.

• Like 7

• Administrators

Do you enjoy getting panzered/mortared/nabbed over and over by the same players each day?

What does it matter who is behind the panzer? Panzer is panzer.. If i kill you or Joe kills you.. fact is u are dead once we shoot panzer!! Kabooom!!  Deal with it! Panzer is part of game :)

PS Above statement is made not to insult you but just to show the point  :) 

• Like 9

I know panzer is part of the game lol. It's the handful of ppl who just spam heavies all day that make gameplay not as enjoyable. Also it seems panzer is NEVER open to be used since the same people use it and never change classes. That should be regulated somehow. I know one map a day is strict, but at least it shouldn't be used more than 2-3 maps in a row before being asked to change classes - giving other players the chance to use the popular heavy weps...

I know panzer is part of the game lol. It's the handful of ppl who just spam heavies all day that make gameplay not as enjoyable. Also it seems panzer is NEVER open to be used since the same people use it and never change classes. That should be regulated somehow. I know one map a day is strict, but at least it shouldn't be used more than 2-3 maps in a row before being asked to change classes - giving other players the chance to use the popular heavy weps...

When a map is shuffled, if the player with the panzer is moved to the opposite team, he loses the panzer and defaults to a soldier with thompson/mp40 on Silentmod. I'm not sure if it's the case on Jaymod/NQ. But this should be enough chance for someone else to take it if they want it.

• Like 1

I understand what you mean AntiChrist, but being a Jay1 regular since Day 1, I can tell you this is not the case at all. It's rare to see the panzer open. I honestly don't care about panzer and this issue since I don't play heavy weps as a main weapon. However, I think it would be beneficial to the server if after 2-3 maps of the same person using panzer/flamer that admin can ask the person to change weps/classes if another player would like to use the panzer/flamer. This would be most useful at peak times when server is busiest and there is only a very slim chance to actually get to use panzer..

When i am on the server, if i see a player with the panzer for more than 2 or 3 maps i always ask him to share it... if none ask for it i let him play with it but if someone ask for the panza i do my best to satisfy other players... we have to deal with this and it is not a problem at all it is our job :-) being killed by a panzer is not as bad as being raped by a rambo medic inthe spawn 5 times consecutively it is my point of view and i just share it ;-)

• Like 4

I understand what you mean AntiChrist, but being a Jay1 regular since Day 1, I can tell you this is not the case at all. It's rare to see the panzer open. I honestly don't care about panzer and this issue since I don't play heavy weps as a main weapon. However, I think it would be beneficial to the server if after 2-3 maps of the same person using panzer/flamer that admin can ask the person to change weps/classes if another player would like to use the panzer/flamer. This would be most useful at peak times when server is busiest and there is only a very slim chance to actually get to use panzer..

When i am on the server, if i see a player with the panzer for more than 2 or 3 maps i always ask him to share it... if none ask for it i let him play with it but if someone ask for the panza i do my best to satisfy other players... we have to deal with this and it is not a problem at all it is our job :-) being killed by a panzer is not as bad as being raped by a rambo medic inthe spawn 5 times consecutively it is my point of view and i just share it ;-)

As Barbwire said, they ask the player to share. Although there is no rule for heavy weapons now, you can ASK someone to share. However, this doesn't include or allow: whining, bitching, complaining, excessive asking, or trying to get an admin to force them to give it up.

Ask in warmup: Can I use panzer? 

If they say no.. don't ask until next map warmup :)

If they say yes, but someone else takes it first, it's first come first serve, so no complaining if you weren't fast enough! 

Joe and Dare make rules for a reason, they've been doing this for years, and the best thing isn't to question the rules, just to understand and follow them.

• Like 3

I am not questioning the rules - especially since they changed/changed again within a week. Many admins were spamming the binds in main chat all day about the rule so I just wanted to say that I thought it was helpful, even though it was not able to be enforced completely. 

The rule was 1 heavy per day just a few hours ago and now it's been revised back to the way it was before. The only point I wanted to make was that the popular heavy weps are really never open to be used and always used by the same handful of players map after map. When the rule was enforced recently during peak times it did help allow others a chance to get some time with panzer/flamer. It's no problem, let these handful of soldiers enjoy their ET...

Like joe said - certain players wont be able to hog heavy weapons all the time because they are already known for it - sounds to me like it is at the reasonable discretion of the admin to decide when to enforce some sort of fair-use policy on any particular user.

• Like 4

nrgy mate you should have noticed by now that if someone is overdoing it with a heavy weapon they get a ban for it, like iHTiyar a while back. And if you want to use it, all you need to do is ask nicely, and im sure the nice ppl on the server will share it, or the nicer admins on the server will make them share. :D

S.

• Administrators

nrgy mate you should have noticed by now that if someone is overdoing it with a heavy weapon they get a ban for it, like iHTiyar a while back. And if you want to use it, all you need to do is ask nicely, and im sure the nice ppl on the server will share it, or the nicer admins on the server will make them share. :D

S.

No one gets banned for using panzer too much, ihtyar got banned because he was panzering mortars and subsequently not allowed to use panzer because after his ban was over he tried doing it again. Now if I find him using it I just put him to spec or kick him since he does not speak English, I even had people speak to him in Turkish but he still ignores it when I am not around. Same goes with HotChip.

@nrgy We are a fun server so grab a panzer and do better.

• Like 2

Just FYI:  I asked ihtyar to give up the Panzer yesturday and he said ok!  So who knows???

As for NRGY he never uses the Panzer until yesturday and i think thats the most chatter I ever heard from him!  Sounded like he was having fun!

It reminded me of a kid in a candy store or a drunk friend at a strip club!

• Like 1

It seems that the rambo medic and the panzer always hold hands;

if there is a rambo medic that is too powerful and gets on a long killing spree, he can be put back in his place with a panzer, and vice-versa.

If only one of them existed it would be very bad.

And honestly, the time that it takes to charge the panzer and fire is about the same amount of time that it takes to headshot someone to death, so though skill is the difference, there shouldn't be complaining due to this, just learn to headshot.