turn this damn thing off!

TheJuice

i don't mean the game, i am meaning the "when i get shot, my view goes all over the place, like im spazzin out on the mouse" feature. can this be disabled? iirc you used to be able to turn it off in quake 3, so even when u get hit u can still keep ur aim on target.

Do you have a tight POV or small screen size, maybe small screen monitor at that moment? Was it  more than body shots hitting you well?

I made small rounds on other FA ET servers early morning, but I didn't get that kind of spazzin shots or views anyhow...

Unfortunatelly you cannot turn hit-recoil off in ET. You can, however, turn of shake when there is arty near by or when falling - I forgot what the cvars are though lol...anyone know?

They say that this shake is just visual and that your actual cursor is still focued on the same spot - I would question this.

• Like 1

i don't mean the game, i am meaning the "when i get shot, my view goes all over the place, like im spazzin out on the mouse" feature. can this be disabled? iirc you used to be able to turn it off in quake 3, so even when u get hit u can still keep ur aim on target.

No you can't, try to dodge :) Quake never had screenshake.

Unfortunatelly you cannot turn hit-recoil off in ET. You can, however, turn of shake when there is arty near by or when falling - I forgot what the cvars are though lol...anyone know?

They say that this shake is just visual and that your actual cursor is still focued on the same spot - I would question this.

You can't turn off screenshake, no matter if caused by bullets or artillery. In RTCW you can turn it off serverside not in ET. And yes it's just an animation, you aim at the exact same spot as without shake...

No you can't, try to dodge :) Quake never had screenshake.

You can't turn off screenshake, no matter if caused by bullets or artillery. In RTCW you can turn it off serverside not in ET. And yes it's just an animation, you aim at the exact same spot as without shake...

I recall that you could turn off screen shake from artylery and falling down. On ETPub you could but not sure if other mods as well. It could have been allowed server side in the ETPub case but I don't remember.

Some cvars for removing screen shaking. PLEASE NOTE: I do not know if these work on or not in any case, I just found them from forum discussions and old configs:

- /cg_impactvibration 0

- /cg_drawdamage 0

- /cg_damagekick 0

- /cg_fallkick 0

- /cg_drawdamagekick 0

- /cg_drawfallkick 0

- /cg_rtcwShake 0

Edited by Death_Reincarnated

bugger! :( 

lol cheers tho :)

• Clan Friend

PLEASE NOTE: I do not know if these work on or not in any case, I just found them from forum discussions and old configs:

(no match = doesn't exist in any of the mods I have installed)

$ grep -ri cg_impactvibration --include="*.so" *

$ grep -ri cg_drawdamage --include="*.so" *

$ grep -ri cg_damagekick --include="*.so" *

Binary file etpub/cgame.mp.i386.so matches

$ grep -ri cg_fallkick --include="*.so" *

$ grep -ri cg_drawdamagekick --include="*.so" *

$ grep -ri cg_drawfallkick --include="*.so" *

$ grep -ri cg_rtcwShake --include="*.so" *

Binary file noquarter/cgame.mp.i386.so matches

Binary file noquarter/ui.mp.i386.so matches

Binary file nq/cgame.mp.i386.so matches

Binary file nq/ui.mp.i386.so matches

cg_damagekick = etpub, cg_rtcwShake = noquarter

the rest of them doesn't exist

• Like 1

(no match = doesn't exist in any of the mods I have installed)

$ grep -ri cg_impactvibration --include="*.so" *

$ grep -ri cg_drawdamage --include="*.so" *

$ grep -ri cg_damagekick --include="*.so" *

Binary file etpub/cgame.mp.i386.so matches

$ grep -ri cg_fallkick --include="*.so" *

$ grep -ri cg_drawdamagekick --include="*.so" *

$ grep -ri cg_drawfallkick --include="*.so" *

$ grep -ri cg_rtcwShake --include="*.so" *

Binary file noquarter/cgame.mp.i386.so matches

Binary file noquarter/ui.mp.i386.so matches

Binary file nq/cgame.mp.i386.so matches

Binary file nq/ui.mp.i386.so matches

cg_damagekick = etpub, cg_rtcwShake = noquarter

the rest of them doesn't exist

Yes, I knew some exist. It could be that the others don't exist because of the newer versions of mods?

From memory I used to have 'cg_damagekick 0' in ETPub but not sure if this also had to be allowed server side. I don't know if there is something similar in the Jaymod mod - I doubt so.

I basically set up my ETPub to remove shaking from airstrike/arty/nades/explosions near-by, falling down and being hit by enemies - the latter used 'cg_damagekick 0' but not sure about the former two scenarions.

Also, SunLight, is that scan uppercase/lowercase sensitive?

Edited by Death_Reincarnated

its a distraction keep your aim steady thats all I can tell you lol

I remember looking for workarounds but it is what it is 

Also, SunLight, is that scan uppercase/lowercase sensitive?

If you may, that grep scan command is ignore-case sensitive done recursively into any other subfolders. So, it matches whether uppercase or lowercase.

• Like 1