My GUID is different than my ETKEY

JPR

So someone told me they should be the same but i have 2 different one ETkey and one GUID, so is that why i lost all xp on BEG#2?

So someone told me they should be the same but i have 2 different one ETkey and one GUID, so is that why i lost all xp on BEG#2?

???

just get rid of the other etkey. keep only 1 etkey in your etmain folder

• Platinum VIP

the number in your etkey file isnt the same as your GUID, if you have 2 etkeys you have to rename the one you dont want to use to something like etkey(1), the game won't read that file now so you use the other one. If none of your etkeys are actually exactly called etkey in your folder then you will be playing without a GUID at all, this will result in no xp and xp-save. You can just rename your file back and you will be back with your old xp if that etkey is the exact same as what you used before.

Hope there was anything you need in there, good luck ;)

The contents of the etkey file are NOT the same as your GUID.  Your GUID is a 32character hexadecimal hash based on the 28 digit number in the ETKey file. They should be different.

Edited by Chuckun

Exactly so then there must be a problem with the server since i still have 0xp and other people on the server also have 0xp

Also what happened is that first my xp dropped from 68K to 24K and someone told me to "update my GUID" well i dont see how you could do that without loosing all your XP so i didint do anything and frankly i dont even know how to do it. Second my xp dropped from 24k to 0, it did so for everybody. Then after some time playin again in one session i had maybe 500 xp and then it dropt again to 0XP the next time i started WT.

I have both my etkey and My GUID file in my etmain folder, the etkey is 28 chars long and the GUID is 32 chars long (with exactly those names mentioned earlier).

Hope you will get it fixed :)

• Leader

Your GUID file in etmain must be a copy of the results you got when you did /cl_guid sometime in the past.  Report the results of doing /cl_guid in console you now get, just in case it has changed for some reason.

• Clan Friend

It's normal that your etkey and your guid are different. Your cl_guid is *generated* from your etkey, not equal to.

If your xp doesn't save, check if you have a guid ingame. Having an etkey is not enough, punkbuster should be on as well. (Or you can just set cl_guid in your config - for servers with no pb - as it has been mentioned in this forum. I never tried it myself though)

And of course if you change guid you lose your xp.

There is no such thing as a 'guid' file in etmain, unless you created it yourself. There is only an 'etkey' file.

cl_guid is not a file, but a game variable. You can see the value by opening the game console (the key under esc, it could be ~ ` or another symbol depending on your keyboard) and typing /cl_guid

p.s.

never post your full guids in public forums