• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log In with Steam Log In with Google Sign In
  • Create Account
Photo

Problems with connecting to servers on Mac OS X Lion

- - - - - et on mac os x lion

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

hdoubls

hdoubls

L1: Learner

• Regular User
  • 22 posts
Unknown at this point
  • Server:None
  • Alias:Doubl

Hello!

2 years ago I got my Macbook pro and still can't connect to a server when running on Mac OS :/ I installed windows 7 for 2 reasons, PSIM because I study with it and ET, but I want to know why it doesn't turn on Mac, on some servers I got a message as  shown in first screen shot:

Capture d’écran 2013-07-20 à 16.53.37.jpg  

I go to ETkey.org , I get a new etkey but didn't worked, I bring my etkey from windows 7's ET and still didn't worked, I doubted about the Punk Buster I downloaded it again and installed as shown in next screen shot it but still doesn't work :\

Capture d’écran 2013-07-20 à 16.42.17.jpg

When I try to connect to  F|A Recruting server I got directly this message --'

Capture d’écran 2013-07-20 à 16.41.18.jpg

Seriously invalid guid? And a temporary problem! my *** --'

My config:

Capture d’écran 2013-07-20 à 17.03.37.jpg

Please Mac users, help me :(

Best regards. 

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!

Vanaraud

Vanaraud

L10: Grand Master

• ET Member
  • 3,414 posts
I am just really nice
  • Admin:15
  • Server:Jay2
  • Alias:Vael
  • T-M:ET:2-1
Contributor

I´m sure there´s some Mac users  out there and there are some topics about it already, but I guess forum doesn´t search for phrases of 2-3 letters. So It would be good idea for future reference to use macbook and longer phrases... Sorry didn´t find atm those other topics...

=NU=

=NU=

L3: Novice

• Inactive Member
  • 147 posts
A step in the right direction
  • Admin:12

I have almost the same problem with mi iMac, but in my case ET also crashes when downloading server maps and mod.
Punkbuster is enabled and I think 2.6 patch too I've been trying to find out how to fix it, but can't find anything.

I hope you can help me come back to game.

6nwv.png

Spoiler

I was like o.O

Edited by GI-JOE, 07 November 2013 - 05:48 PM.
For the sake of scrolling added a spoiler

Gubbi

Gubbi

• Honored Veteran
  • 3,122 posts
Name known to all
  • Admin:20
  • Server:Jay3
Contributor

Ok, first of all to NU's problem, you cannot connect to any servers with Mountain Lion and there is no way around that for you I am afraid. Apparently the problem is quite stupid, the filename for the ET main menu is too long so you get an overflow when you read it and this will stop you from playing. It only appears for 10.8 because they changed the way how to read filenames or so.

About the problem with Lion Mac OS. I remember that it took me a while to find everything, but it is possible, because I play on 10.7.5 myself.

I downloaded ET from this location: http://returntocastl...itory_Mac;44985

The thing is that you have one folder in Applications and one folder is in Application Support which is located in ~/Library/Application Support

In order to find that folder, go to your Finder, go to the Menu Bar and press on Go and when you press Alt, Library will appear (it's hidden for some reason).

Anyway, in that Application Support you should find an Wolfenstein ET folder and a main folder, you need to copy your etkey into that folder, not in the Application folder.

After that, start the game and open console (with ~ key) and type the following:

/pb_cl_enable; /pb_system 1; /pb_writecfg; /reconnect

You should be able to see your guid with the following command:
/cl_guid

You should be able to connect to Jaymod and NQ servers. In order to connect to silent servers, you will need to download the silent mod manually and copy the silent folder into your ~/Library/Application Support/Wolfenstein ET folder.

Let me know if you have any problems with that. You can also add me on xfire if you need help.

=NU=

=NU=

• Inactive Member
  • 147 posts

Ok, I think I found a way to solve this mess:

I'm installing a virtual machine with windows software and run ET under regular parameters using my config and old stuff from my last PC.
Do you think that helps?

Gubbi

Gubbi

• Honored Veteran
  • 3,122 posts
Name known to all
Contributor

Of course. When you install Windows, you can run any Windows program on your Mac.

Mev!sto

Mev!sto

• User
  • 55 posts
  • Server:None

Macbook pro 2012 on mountain lion:
I have same thing as @hdoubls (3rd picture - when tryin' to logg in on FA server ,,you have no guid...") - i copied guid from pc, paste in folder and dunno why it ain't working.

My pc just crashed and I'd like to play while it will be repaired (if at all).

tryin' Gubbi directions <brb>

guid works, but now it crashes at downloading maps (connecting, download, aaand bye bye) and quit application.......

Gubbi

Gubbi

• Honored Veteran
  • 3,122 posts
Name known to all
Contributor

Yes, as I said, you will struggle to connect to any servers on Mountain Lion. While downloading the files, you will have an overflow error and therefore the download will crash.

As far as I know, there is no way around it because even when you download the file manually, you will crash because it's unable to read the file.

Unfortunately, I think the only way to connect for you is to either downgrade to Lion or run a VM with Windows or Linux on it.

=NU=

=NU=

• Inactive Member
  • 147 posts

Anyone has tried ET on OS Mavericks?
I found something checking out ET Legacy on those forums:

http://forums.warche...-10-9-Mavericks

Post #13 seems like a legit solution, I'll try this.
What do you think, Gubbi?

Edited by =NU=, 07 November 2013 - 05:58 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users