• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log In with Steam Log In with Google Sign In
  • Create Account
Photo

Fire!

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Midnight

Midnight

Pinkie nooooo!

• Recruiting Team
  • 3,155 posts
Name known to all
  • Admin:16
  • Server:COD4 #1
  • T-M:ET: 0-0
    CoD: 14-4
    TF2: 0-0

Donator

Contributor

So for my job I work at Red Rock Canyon National Conservation Area in Las Vegas.

The link can tell you more about us, but since July 1st there has been a fire burning in our Northern Boundary of Mount Charleston, the Carpenter 1 Fire.  As of before today the fire was behind the La Madre Mountain Range/Spring Mountain Range (the mountain range in the photo).  As of a few minutes ago, the fire crested the ridge and is now spreading into the direct Red Rock Area. The fire is estimated at over 20,000+ acres with about a 15% containment. The winds have picked up and the weather forecast predicts more thunderstorms moving into the area, which is how this fire got started (dry lightning). With the higher winds and the threat of more fires, please praise our firefighters for their hard work and hope for the best.

Photo was taken by a fellow colleague.

Attached Thumbnails

• Fire 1.jpg

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!

Shinobi

Shinobi

L6: Expert

• ET Member
  • 830 posts
On a distinguished road
  • Admin:12
  • Server:Silent #1
  • Alias:=F|A=Shinobi
  • Steam ID:grayice27
Contributor

Oh nice you got the Mt.Charleston fire going on there. Its been suffocating us all out of Vegas haha.

FRIENDLY FACT:   Its a major pain in the ass but makes some beautiful photos if you get it at the right time lol

http://www.lasvegass.../#axzz2Yfo2p0me

Thats the map of the fire

Edited by Shinobi, 10 July 2013 - 11:40 AM.

Midnight

Midnight

Pinkie nooooo!

• Recruiting Team
  • 3,155 posts
Name known to all
  • Admin:16
  • Server:COD4 #1
  • T-M:ET: 0-0
    CoD: 14-4
    TF2: 0-0

Donator

Contributor

Yes there have been quite a few nice photos, but it sucks because if it gets closer tonight then we are closed and I don't work.

Gorilla

Gorilla

L3: Novice

• Regular User
  • 338 posts
On a distinguished road
  • Admin:0
  • Server:Jay1

That's one heck of a big blaze. After what happened up in Houston lets hope this gets under control.

Oh, and cool place to work!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users