"Initializing" on my screen all the time

Hi,

I'm having a problem with ET recently. I know it happened with a few players in the past too, including me a few weeks ago and now its happening again. I have that "Initializing" thing written on my screen all the time, like when game is starting/map is loading but it wouldnt go away, map after map the same. Also the engi building objectives and tank were invisible, kind of bugged to me. Not sure what to do, if someone knows whats happening, i would really appreciate some help.
:(

I took an SS to show whats going on.

Thank you,
Dani

The "initializing" thing

45bed550-e190-4376-9424-cbb63e112943.jpg

The invisible tank:
In the first picture: the tank just crossed the bridge. In the second image: that black smoke is the tank but just showing the smoke when it got disabled.

467b4896-7812-45ec-94f9-f372f8bfa9ea.jpg

c656d585-0207-465f-9c38-a9d659473b4b.jpg

hmmmm that look like somethink problem from the server or from your connection. :dntk

anyway i hope fixed fast this problem and you come back in the game. :)

• Administrators

I think i need to tweak that settings a little bit. No idea why it doesn't go away for you. 

I think it has something to do with loading times: so maybe raising your \com_hunkmegs value, patching to latest ET version(2.6b) could help.

Also what are your system specs? I see error on some kind of shaders. Maybe its graphics card dependent?

I think that message was related verifying map related files between u and server, as vana said try increase hunkmegs.

Masa_1964

I think i need to tweak that settings a little bit. No idea why it doesn't go away for you. 

dare just so you know its not just her ive had regulars pm saying its stuck like that on there screen as well.

personally im on the server for hours daily and have had no issues with it so im not sure where the problem lies

• Administrators

dare just so you know its not just her ive had regulars pm saying its stuck like that on there screen as well.

personally im on the server for hours daily and have had no issues with it so im not sure where the problem lies

Happened to me too last time, only on NQ2 and NQ3 if I remember right.

Try again please....

http://shitstorm.org/noquarter/wiki/index.php?title=Admin_CVARs#g_csStrings_.28New_since_1.2.7.29

I changed g_csStrings to 10 from 5. See if that fixes the issue.

• Like 2

so i checked it out it woks fine for me still but i had no problem before either

Daniele will be on later tonight and she had the biggest problem ill get her to post here and let you no if its solved

Hi guys,

Great news!

Not sure if you fixed something on the server or i got to fix some settings. Fixed hunkmegs and some video things but wouldnt work even with a video restart, so i gave up for a while. When i connected after 1 or 2 hours later, the Initializing thing was gone and all working properly!!! :D

Not sure what happened exactly but its gone and all fixed!

:)

Thanks a lot for the help, i really appreciate it.

Beers and cheers!

:cheers

Dani

• Like 2

Hi,

I'm having a problem with ET recently. I know it happened with a few players in the past too, including me a few weeks ago and now its happening again. I have that "Initializing" thing written on my screen all the time, like when game is starting/map is loading but it wouldnt go away, map after map the same. Also the engi building objectives and tank were invisible, kind of bugged to me. Not sure what to do, if someone knows whats happening, i would really appreciate some help.

:(

I took an SS to show whats going on.

Thank you,

Dani

The "initializing" thing

45bed550-e190-4376-9424-cbb63e112943.jpg

The invisible tank:

In the first picture: the tank just crossed the bridge. In the second image: that black smoke is the tank but just showing the smoke when it got disabled.

467b4896-7812-45ec-94f9-f372f8bfa9ea.jpg

c656d585-0207-465f-9c38-a9d659473b4b.jpg

dani, i have that problem too. just on nq3... :(

but initializing moves away after seconds...

Yeah i had that in the past and i would go away pretty quickly but not this time, it stayed map after map, Appel. Like it was stuck or something and also the invisible problem.

Fortunetly all solved now though.

Hi guys,

Great news!

Not sure if you fixed something on the server or i got to fix some settings. Fixed hunkmegs and some video things but wouldnt work even with a video restart, so i gave up for a while. When i connected after 1 or 2 hours later, the Initializing thing was gone and all working properly!!! :D

Not sure what happened exactly but its gone and all fixed!

:)

Thanks a lot for the help, i really appreciate it.

Beers and cheers!

:cheers

Dani

dare made some adjustments earlier today   if you still experience problems post here, for now it seems fixed for most  

thanks dd  ;)

• Like 1

I still have the same.

It says Initializing for a second, then Preparing for a few more seconds and then everything is normal.

Just tested it now, I get it on NQ2 and NQ3.

I still have the same.

It says Initializing for a second, then Preparing for a few more seconds and then everything is normal.

Just tested it now, I get it on NQ2 and NQ3.

ok but that's normal to see that on your screen for a few seconds the problem was for some it was staying on the screen for the whole map so dare changed a setting and its ok from what i can tell

what he changed  g_csStrings

http://shitstorm.org..._since_1.2.7.29