heres a question for ya

MoRB!d:.

So I was out the other weekend with a group of mates , we were prety drunk f***ing around and one of our mates turns to us and says,

"since yous are such smart asses heres one for ya ,I bet you cant think of a new colour". We all looked at him , yea right how easy is that then BLAM mind blown we were all f***ed no one had anything to say to that. haha so theres one to tell your friends or has anyone got any other mind blowing rhetorical questions i can get him with haha.

• Like 1

Well, we CAN'T imagine a new color, our brains are completely unable to process the idea, even though they do actually exist to creatures such as the mantis shrimp.

• Like 3

hahaha @ redbaird. well said ..... an yeah i think ive heard about that shrimp somewhere though i didnt think we were just unable to process other  colours really i just thought there wernt any more , but i guess weel never know if there is or not if we littlerally cant process them , imagin what we would see around us if we could take the shrimps perspective of life just for a few moments

OMFG 

I had same conversation couple months ago. 

I asked a friend :

The colors of the rainbow Those are the basic ones right. Do you think there are elsewhere in the universe other Colours and what would it look like lol

We couldnt think of one haha

kleuren-infographic1.jpg

Edited by $kullcollector
  • Like 1

The colors of the rainbow Those are the basic ones right. Do you think there are elsewhere in the universe other Colours and what would it look like lol

We couldnt think of one haha

Colors we see are just a fraction of the electromagnetic spectrum, maybe if we could see (and process) the whole spectrum it would appear as unseen colors?! :crazy

Electromagnetic%20Spectrum.jpg

• Like 2

nuberactrisaxcebefulemoxabin .

That's what I called my new color. And No, it's not on google yet. It would be in a minute or so after this posting. :P

• Like 1

@skully its amazing isnt it , we had the same conversation about possible other colours deep in the universe or if like someone who is colourblind is restricted from seeing colour at all maybe we are all colour blind in a way restricted to seeing only the colours we know now , or possibly there just isnt anymore colours to be seen. or like seti said the colours we see are just a fraction of the electromagnectic spectrum perhaps if we could use a higher percentage of our brain it could process more of the spectrum resulting in a more colourful world. so many possibilties, it was an amazing conversation starter we talked about the possibilites for hours.

@appel the question was can you think or imagine a colour that doesnt exist the colour chart up there, or can you give me a new question to hit my friend with.

@pinoy , cool , explain to us how it looks :) !!

I will tell you about it...but then again, after that, I have to kill you.

Cozzzz its mineee!...miiiiinnnnnee, minee! itsss mmmmy preciousssss, and miiiineeee!

PS

Check your PM ASAP. And give me your home address pls. :P

• Clan Friend

I think women are imagining all the 'shades' they claim they can see.  :)

that :)

But some animals can see more colors than us. And some people less.

I see all the colors in the rainbow, but apparently I am slightly (?) color blind (at least I cannot read the numbers in those freakin  colorblind tests) so some times I have arguments like this:

me: yeah, I can see these 2 colors are different, but they are quite similar, aren't they?

another person: similar? dafuq? no way... they are *totally* different

me: -.-

To some people, normal people are like the mantis shrimp... I will die without knowing what red actually looks like :D

• Like 1

that :)

But some animals can see more colors than us. And some people less.

I see all the colors in the rainbow, but apparently I am slightly (?) color blind (at least I cannot read the numbers in those freakin  colorblind tests) so some times I have arguments like this:

me: yeah, I can see these 2 colors are different, but they are quite similar, aren't they?

another person: similar? dafuq? no way... they are *totally* different

me: -.-

To some people, normal people are like the mantis shrimp... I will die without knowing what red actually looks like :D

its amazing really , my dad is the same he sees life different to us aswell ,i dont think his perspective is missing colours but his brain interprets colours differently to the rest of us like you said we would see two completely different colours he will see two similar colours and even some shades of blue look green to him and vice versa but that is normal to these people before he was told hey mate the skys blue not green he would never have known the difference  ... the brain and our perseption truly amazing things :')

@pinoy well im curios what you see so ima have to take that risk :)