Other Memorial Day

GraveDigger

Thank you to all the vets out there. I have never served but my father and all of my uncles participated in Vietnam  and my grandfather landed on the beaches in Normandy and fought his way to Germany and participated in the Battle of the Bulge. I am sure that we all know someone that is serving or has served somewhere in the world. The price for liberty and freedom is always costly and seems to paid with the blood of young men. Never forget.

• Like 7

I'd also like to give my gratitude for all the vets out there that help risk their own lives! My grandfather is one of them and my biggest idol! I could never ever begin to compensate his actions. A true legend! Much love <3

• Like 1

Yesterday i was watching a WWII doc and like always make me cry earing the soldiers of the free world that were there fighting for our liberty..my toughts go to them and ofc for my grand father that fight the fascism in Portugal till he made a bomb to kill the portuguese ruler at the time(friend of hitler). the bomb miss him for a few meters and he was arrested for 11 years in a african colonial prison..11 years of hunger with no good water to drink and been tortured every single day..

All the ppl that fight for the our freedom have a place in my heart ;)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

My thoughts go out to all the people that have lost their loved ones in wars, I was fortunate enough to get to know my one Grandfather who was on the Canadian Navy ships for all of the Atlantic battles. I will never forget. People need to be reminded of all the atrocities that have happened in war so they are not repeated. I am proud to have had relatives that have given their lives for all of us, Canadians, Americans and Europeans alike.

I come from a distant country to countries in conflict, but as I'm excited to see the thousands of stories of war heroes. Thank you for remembering this time serious

• Leader

He remembers those lost that he knew and sometimes wonders, "why them and not me?"

419146_10151697327164879_368536696_n.jpg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Well I tried to serve I'm currently in the barracks here at my MOS training as we speak but the Army is down sizing like crazy, and I got the boot for Medical reasons. Nonetheless I'm proud of myself, and anybody who has served this Great Country.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Leader

Well I tried to serve I'm currently in the barracks here at my MOS training as we speak but the Army is down sizing like crazy, and I got the boot for Medical reasons. Nonetheless I'm proud of myself, and anybody who has served this Great Country.

Be sure to keep that great Avatar !

• Like 1