fps

Sabby123

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

reinstall video card drivers? 

done that well updated them

have you changed your config, or installed something new? (dumb question, I know :P)

no not changed anything

• Clan Friend

do you use software that could interfere with et while you play? (xfire, etc.)

how many fps less are you getting if compared to before? I would check the task manager to see if other stuff uses your cpu

do you use software that could interfere with et while you play? (xfire, etc.)

how many fps less are you getting if compared to before? I would check the task manager to see if other stuff uses your cpu

yes i have xfire but ive always had that running i used to have a steady 90fps and yesterday it went down to 20

• Clan Friend

yes i have xfire but ive always had that running i used to have a steady 90fps and yesterday it went down to 20

from 90 to 20 is a huge difference.

Try to close as much programs as possible while running et, maybe you could find the one slowing you down.

Have you checked the task manager to see how much cpu other processes use while you run et?

If everything is normal there, then I would check your graphics driver's setting (e.g. if you maybe happen to have vsync on, or other stuff which should be off), then your config.

from 90 to 20 is a huge difference.

Try to close as much programs as possible while running et, maybe you could find the one slowing you down.

Have you checked the task manager to see how much cpu other processes use while you run et?

If everything is normal there, then I would check your graphics driver's setting (e.g. if you maybe happen to have vsync on, or other stuff which should be off), then your config.

yep checked task manager everything fine there graphics settings should be ok as ive not changed anything and nothing in my config has changed :(

• Clan Friend

yep checked task manager everything fine there graphics settings should be ok as ive not changed anything and nothing in my config has changed :(

yes, but something had to change, or you would get the same fps...

maybe you reinstalled the drivers recently, and some settings went back to default? which brand is your graphics card

• Clan Friend

my graphics is nivida

also took a pic of my task manager and also my pc usage goes up alot while playing et

that screenshot is too small I can't read anything

Make sure you have threaded optimisation off in your nvidia setting. I use Ati so I can't help u much, but I've heard often about that setting on nvidia here in the forums.

threaded optimisation is off and the screenshot is just showing that the only thing using process is the system idle process which was 65

Has the mod changed lately? saw some features not present before. Though my FPS was around 125 so don´t think its the server, maybe connection somewhere between you and server.

Modem restart?:)