Minecraft =F|A= Minecraft Server updated to 1.5.2

GI-JOE

A couple of big developments in the works, but the biggest of them that is ready to announce is our Minecraft server has been updated to the latest version of Minecraft 1.5.2!

Details about the update:

* A bunch of bug fixes!
* Performance improvements when using HD texture packs
* Many improvements for Minecraft Realms (will become publicly available �soon�)

I've also made a slight change to the spawn area by relocating a majority of the pixel art to a new location further away from spawn, It's all still there, it's just been moved, the warp to get to the pixel art that was by spawn is "pixelvillage" so feel free to check it out

I've also re-enabled the GameMode Inventories plugin which separates the inventories of players from Creative mode and Survival mode to make it harder for players to cheat. I want to give this another chance because I would really like to open the server up to both gamemodes being playable on one map without complicated systems for separate worlds which are currently out of our capabilities at the moment anyway. if it doesn't work, it doesn't work but I think it's worth giving another shot.

Enjoy! Please report any new bugs or errors or glitches on the map!!

Edited by GI-JOE
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Hello, I am et and minecraft player. Whether you put the minecraft server so they can get people who do not have the premium game since it would go much better and with more people would keep ...

: D
Edited by Vampiro

Hello, I am et and minecraft player. Whether you put the minecraft server so they can get people who do not have the premium game since it would go much better and with more people would keep ...
: D

You know minecraft isn't split into premium and normal, you can only play MC if you buy it, unless you crack it.

• Like 1

Would not it be more practical to leave all types of players can enter. Because every time I look at the server does not have people.

I tried to go in and say you're not premium

• 1 month later...

Would not it be more practical to leave all types of players can enter. Because every time I look at the server does not have people.

I tried to go in and say you're not premium

Dunno how I missed this post but I will answer your question

No, it's not very practical to open the server for cracked clients. Though more people could theoretically play, it also leaves us more exposed and vulnerable to DDoS attacks, not to mention it means we have to run the server in offline mode. There is also the chaos that comes with cracked clients ability to change their account name to whatever they want, even to that of an admins, which has happened before and is also a huge reason we will never do it again.

The game is only about $26 US dollars, which is inexpensive for a video game as popular and open ended as it is.

As far as the server population, it has it's ups and downs, but generally if there are a few playing on it more will join, it has nothing to do with whether or not we allow cracked client users to play

Edited by GI-JOE