Personally Customized in-game Vchats

unlawfulsniper

It would be cool if a person could have their own custom vchats to use in ET online that they could create. For example, 'Unlawful Sniper is a Mutherf***ing pimp!', would be one of mine and I'd be responsible for creating the audio file that says this, and tweaked in a sound program, it would sound pretty friggen good. But anyways, you could just choose your own movie clip speech, David Chappelle sound bite, or whatever you pick. I don't know of any game that lets players do this. Create their own customized in-game vchats. Of course, we need every player on the server we are playing to see and hear our vchats. So you'd first have to upload your vchat to the server. Then you download all the vchats on the server, coming from players already on the server. I don't see this as impossible in theory, I'm not sure how hard it would in practice and or laggy.

It would be fun to have my own vchats and maybe servers could make some money by selling extra vchat soundbite slots. Like, get 1 vchat free, and pay for extra vchat slots. I dunno, I thought it was a decent idea. Time for a hater to point out every reason it will never work.... hahaha

I'm glad you called for me! :lol:

Personally, because I am Australian, my internet is substandard, and downloading extra content is going to be hard on my computer. So that is one reason I dislike the idea. Another one is because everytime a player comes along to a server, the sound has to be loaded, which will make me, and everyone else, lag even more than usual.

Sorry Unlawful, but the idea wouldn't work for me

in order for everyone else to hear it, everyone would have to download a new sound pak.

for only ppl who have it to hear it, server would have to be unpure ( doubt that is gonna happen - and hope not too )

IMO sound paks are very annoying to begin with. you can't help but that they will be spammed.. this causes lag and interferes with gameplay.

if i play at a server with a custom sound pak, i generally do

/cg_teamchatsonly 1

so i don't hear them at all. i would rather give up global chat than have to hear that stuff =/

if you wanna add your own skin and sound pack in jaymod server it is possible :)

how?

-> Put your personal sound pack or skin pack in your jaymod folder @ET game folder

-> Connect to any server running jaymod 2.0.5 BUT be sure that server have no skin or sound pack on

here you go as i told you this work only and earlier version of jaymod 2.0.5