ET DemoView from Sun

JamesRyan

• Clan Friend

I was writing the reply below the =========== line, when I noticed the 2.6d...which is the Macintosh version!

I could be wrong, but I think 2.60d is the version they released with the source.

Then maybe someone used it as a base to do it for Mac, maybe the old one wasn't compatible witht the latest OS X? I don't know I'm far from being a Mac expert, so I don't know why on Mac they use 2.60d, but he doesn't use a Mac

He didn't post his log with normal ET yet, so we can't compare it with the one which fails

• 10 months later...

If you can demo him again using ET, that would be better.

You can use Sun's demo viewer - http://fearless-assassins.com/files/file/697-et-demoview-edition/  It has features necessary features for playing back and forth ET demos, increasing and decreasing phases of demo actions and more. 

When I want to start it, the following mistake is flashing on

ET 2.60d win-x86 May  2 2013
----- FS_Startup -----
Current search path:
C:\Users\Danny\Desktop\et_demoview_1_4\et_demo_viewer\windows/etmain

----------------------
0 files in pk3 files
----- CL_Shutdown -----
-----------------------
Couldn't load default.cfg - I am missing essential files - verify your installation?

Any Idea?

When you run ETDemoView, it is designed not to allow you to connect to gaming servers.

Install and run Demoview from your ET root folder, for my case it is C:\Program Files (x86)\Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory

Start the ETDemoview, for my case it is et_demoview_1.4.exe

To play the demo, use the correct MOD first by clicking on MOD menu and choose the correct MOD of the demo you want to review. 

After that, from console

/demo  demoname

It will flash you an error. Then simply do the above command 2nd time.

Press Alt Keys to play forward and Ctrl keys to slow down the demo. 

Type from console, /r_shownormals 6   . You can choose from 1 to 6 I think.

Type /demo and press tab to know more commands.

If you need to know more, post your questions here and not on suspected report section. Enjoy

I have always the same error, when I type /demo demoname in console, because the file isnt exist to loading...

I thought this program is to recording, that was my mistake :D ...you confuse me ^^

The program is to designed for reviewing ET demos and the program needs to be executed inside your W:ET root folder.

To record and create ET demo, while you are suspected player, type in console 

/autorecord

To stop,  

/stoprecord

Generally, by default ET config, pressing F11 will record I think and F12 will stop recording. The recorded demo will be saved inside the DEMOS folder of the corresponding MOD. If you recorded under J3, then it will be under JAYMOD folder and the folder name is DEMOS.

When you do /autorecord, it will tell you the filename already. So you will know what is the filename of the newly recorded demo.