Map ideas (Jay1)

Reborn

• Administrators

Cathedral:

This map has been on the server before and is proven to be a good map.  Many players like it.  This map is also hard to rush.

http://fearless-assassins.com/files/file/88-cathedral-final-cathedral-finalpk3/

Hated on jay3 to death for some reason. people hate that map.. I kinda like it.

Sands of Time

I am not sure why Jay2 and Jay3 got this map since it was requested for Jay1 but I am requesting it again.  I really want to start seeing more maps where allies get to defend and axis attack.  This will force those players whole like to camp on axis to start switching it up a bit.  This map is impossible to rush which is always a plus.

http://fearless-assassins.com/files/file/162-sands-of-time-sot-b2pk3/

Added

Eagles2:

This is the map I wanted to suggest during the Holidays but I forgot the name and recently found it testing maps with buck.  Really good map and many objectives so its impossible to rush.  I think a lot of people would like this map.  Snipers, field ops, engineers.  Lots of places for raters to camp.  Overall I think this is one of the best maps made. 

http://fearless-assassins.com/files/file/651-eagles2-a6/

Server Killer. Used to empty jay2 before. 

MLB_Beach:

I know you are thinking OMG not another MLB map.  This one is quite different.  It is not as large as the others and has multiple objectives.  It is impossible to rush because the fans must be destroyed in order to get to the second half of the map.  There is a secret room on this map but as far as me and buck can tell either it was never finished or something is wrong and it does not function properly.  You can get in but you always end up on the jail side even if you do the sequence right.

http://fearless-assassins.com/files/file/461-mlb-beach-final-version-mlb-beachpk3/

Mapscript issue. Sometimes map never ends.... someone got restart server after it.

Vesuvius:

Visually it is an amazing map and great objective but I've never seen a server on the list that had this playing.  I really suggest dl'ing this map and just checking it out even if it is not chosen.  It looks like something from God of War

http://fearless-assassins.com/files/file/57-vesuvius-rev-final-vesuvius-revpk3/

We had that before I believe. 

Saberpeak:

Sorry I cannot resist even if buck doesn't care for it other people want to see this map.  Maybe we can just try it for a few weeks.  If people want it gone then fine but every time people suggest maps this one always comes up.

http://fearless-assassins.com/files/file/18-saberpeak-saberpeak-finalpk3/

Laggy map.. someone got to fix lag on that map.

A huge +1 if we would be able to add Castle Attack! It would be nice to have a few maps changed out! Just to add some variety! I wouldnt mind seeing Oasis and Haunted Mansion gone! 

This is the only topic i refer when I want to load next map rotation:

http://fearless-assassins.com/topic/47356-map-rotation-for-fa-recruiting-xps-enemy-territory-gaming-server-april-2013/

I would suggest to post their.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I personally love the new maps, it's fun from time to time discovering unknown areas on my favorite game. Thank you Dare! However, I would also insist on making a recommendation for a new map or two come next rotation. I would like to see some more of the original Return to Castle Wolfenstein maps coming back. I personally started on Wolfenstein with the original years, and years ago. It would be awesome to bring back one or two of those original maps many came to know, love, and acknowledge. I have sparked the topic from time to time in Main Chat and most of the public normally agree with having something original in the rotation, even if it's one original map per map change rotation. This is all just a suggestion though, seeing what the public wants, and not just myself   :rolleyes: Cheers! <3

*Suggestions: 

Mp_Beach - Objective (Documents / Transmitter)

Do I even have to explain this map to anyone. I would hope any true RTCW player remembers... if not, i'm sorry, and recommend this map!

*Most Popular Original Map IMO*

Mp_Base - Objective (Radio Towers) /or/ Death Match (Perfectly Sized Familiar Map)

This one is my favorite of them all. Many years of every type of game play, OBJ, DM, one life 2 live. All good times, original classic map that offers it all. Even hiding spots    B) 

*Public Suggestions:

Mp_Assault - Objective (Radio Tower)

Very awesome non cluttered straightforward large area map that has capture flag points, mini objectives, great for larger servers with plenty of room, also BEST for panzer wars, did them all the time as a GM back in v1.33 RTCW with gravity controls. Best panzer times ever I would agree with public on this one!

Mp_Dam - Objective (Destroy Objective)

Another great map the has great contrast between outside/inside shooting styles. Awesome flag capture points on both grounds, simple yet, nice map for strategic moves and slick combat fighting stances. Also a great map to hold large amounts of people.

Mp_Tram - Objective (Destroy and Capture Objective)

The most well known map for the largest servers and largest amount of player holds threw RTCW 1.0, 1.33, until the release of 1.4 and i'd say mp_marketgardgen (My fav v1.41 map release) yet familiar this map is large filled with many areas of distant shooting and difficult objective capturing  This map was also one of the longest, largest, and most liked IMO. Has a great mixture of everything we love as wolfenstien players from OBJ, surviveablitiy, cunning, and a splash of aggressiveness to attempt to get it all done in a map most saw as a maze.

MP_Ice - Objective (Destroy and Capture Objective)
I would also have to agree with Death Incarnate on this one. One of my top favorite original maps of 1.33! It had been introduced into ET and believe have plaid it on =F|A= servers. This map shares a great mixture of indoors/outdoors, objectives/capture points, and overall decently sized map to fit Jay1. =F|A=RumbleJunkie would also agree, this map was one we enjoy for many years never to seem to loose players once the map was loaded. Unlike some others I wont point fingers at.    :embrass 

*NOTE: MP_ is equivalent to ET_. Mp was used in original RtCW Maps. Et_<MapName> to find a ET version of the original.

I hope not to offend others map choices, only to suggest my own, and what I believe others would enjoy. No matter, everyone and myself always seems to be having the most awesome of times on the server and I couldn't be more thankful for =F|A= and the servers to continue to uphold and support such a fantastic game that I have supported in and out, and now tend to do with =F|A=! Enough of my rant, thanks for taking the time to listen to my babel about my favorite server, hope you all have a wonderful day and shed some more light on this topic. Cheers! <3 

Sincerely,
=F|A=Alacrity-   :camper

• Like 1

@Alarcity looks like someone still loves their original Wolfie ;). Yes I agree on most of your suggestions. I really do not understand why ET_Beach is not in the rotation!!!

I don't want to sound cocky at this stage but I have been server hopping for quite a while back and have a fair knowledge of ET maps - dowloaded over 6GB worth of maps over this time!. Our AUS server only had stock maps initially so some of us set out to find cool maps. Anyways, based on the fact that you have double jump it will make many of the suggested maps be actually crap. I am presuming that double-jump has been on this server for a long time now and removing it might stir the pot so I will try and suggest maps that can be well played with this feature.

Here we go:

1) ET_Beach - guys come on pls :). Classic map and I used to play it 16v16 during RtCW days.

2) Streets_of_Italy - overall good map with several pathways. The objective can get crowded though as its situated in the tower.

3) ET_Base - Two objectives and two pathways. It can get crowded though since both pathways have somewhat narrow paths.

4) Vesuvius - mostly open wide spaces which is good for large numbers. With smaller numbers it can get bit lonely. 

5) Base 55 - decent objective placement. Offers lots of room with CQC as well.

6) Raw Castle - an interesting map as we found on our server a while back.Objective in a small-medium castle.

7) Lighthouse - This can be potentially a good map, however due to its verticality it can annoy the attacking group (they start of on the sea level and must go up up up lol)

8) Eagles 2 Ways - Overall a good map IMO. One of the objectives is to push the bus to the end objective. This is somehwta similar to 'Supply Depot' HOWEVER, the bus can be destroyed and it in open field.

9) Millenium Falcon - fair ammount of open spaces and has a star wars themed objective lol.

10) Password 2 - fun map that has good ammount of pathways with CQC and open areas.

Thats all for now. There are plenty of good maps out there but the problem is double jump and the large team size it can get to.

D_R

Edited by Death_Reincarnated