Feild of veiw issue in Jay mod

Richorb

Hey guys if you read my intro you'll get a taste of what my problem is. For etpub a field of view of 150 is acceptable but for your jay mod server it says must be between 90 and 120....... It doesn't matter what number i set it too it still kicks me from your jay mod servers..... any suggestions on my problem?

Any help is appreciated I just wanna play Jaymod again.... :cry

P.S I just edited my FOV in your ETpub and now I have the same problem........ rofl why must i suck so much?!

Edited by Richorb

I saw you were getting kicked by pb on jaymod for fov cvar out of range, try putting cg_fov "number" (where number is greater than 90 and less then 120) in your autoexec instead of trying to change it while you are already connected to the server. Also post ss if it happens again.

sorry you can not use 150 for FOV, cg_fov is restricted by server side so you can only use fov 90 (default) or higher to 120 Maxi, all F|A server or even other servers using punkbuster have the same restriction even in etpub, so don't use higher value

Just put this in your autoexec.cfg

set cg_fov "120"

and you should be fine.

If you don't have an autoexec.cfg, open your jaymod/profiles/yourname/etconfig.cfg file (use Notepad to open it) and do a ctrl+ find to find this cvar. Then replace the 150 with 120 and save it and you should be fine. You might want to do this to the etmain/profiles/yourname/etconfig.cfg file too.

• Administrators

I don't believe it's acceptable for etpub :P

From Etpub config:

pb_sv_cvar cg_fov in 90 120

We are one of the few servers who run with full scans. Most of the other servers run non PB or without scans so you can cheat all the way or exploit game cvars :P

I don't believe it's acceptable for etpub :P

From Etpub config:

pb_sv_cvar cg_fov in 90 120

We are one of the few servers who run with full scans. Most of the other servers run non PB or without scans so you can cheat all the way or exploit game cvars :P

Rofl... I use 150 cvar to practice gamma jumps (if that's cheating then.... my bad?). Actually FOV wasn't a pb issue back when i played. Hostile reality server allows such things and they are full pb backed and still running strong, although it is a etpub server.. but that's beside the point. My scripts are screwed and im going insane...... im going to reinstall. Thanks for all your help guys ill get her done :thanks

• Administrators

You can see through walls by using more then 120 FOV using map exploits :P

PB doesn't stop all hacks. It's PB + cvar + md5 scan = 90% public hack busted.