Chameleon

New Name  

20 members have voted

1. 1. The new me :D

• Tenshi - Angel in Japanese
    • Mirari - Latin for wonder or amazement
    • Superatus - Latin for overcome
    • Grigori - An angel who watches over

As you may have read in my other post, today is the anniversary of a new beginning in my life. And with that, I wanted to drop my name, which I feel represents the old me and bring in something new. I chose these names because I feel like they have meaning in my life somehow. I wasn't looking for something cool or anything, just a representation of who I am now. I know it is cliche to have a vote, but I really want all your opinions on this as this is the only time I will ever have a name change.  If you have any other ideas or thought please feel free to post them.. Thanks everyone :D

All good choices, here's another one: Siccus

The Latin Word Siccus has many meanings, mainly: dry, thirsty / sober, temperate.

• Like 1

According to the translations, Grigori would be the best choice to me, but it sounds weird, Mirari sounds better. One of those 2 :)

• Like 1

• Clan Friend

I voted for 天使 (Tenshi :P) because among those names listed it was the one I liked the most.

but, as regards some possible Latin names:

victor - victorious
invictus - someone who hasn't been defeated, unconquerable
superator - someone who overcomes (and not superatus, which would mean the exact opposite!)

• Like 1

Okay, I have it down to 2 different ones.. After talking with some friends today at work and seeing the votes here on the forum it has come down to Phoenix or Superatus.. I like them both, but I have to say I am leaning towards Phoenix, which I wish I had thought of when I made this poll haha..

• Like 1

• Clan Friend

Okay, I have it down to 2 different ones.. After talking with some friends today at work and seeing the votes here on the forum it has come down to Phoenix or Superatus...

I'm not a Latin expert but take into account what I said before about superator/superatus

-us would be like -ed in English, -or would be sort of like -er (some who does the action) in English you have also this -or

for example:

vict-or would be like conquer-or, defeat-er

vict-us like conquer-ed, defeat-ed

in-vict-us like un-defeat-ed

So superatus means someone who has been 'superated' (well, you can't say that in English), and I doubt that is the meaning you want

• Like 2