Problems connecting to servers

m0o0oeh

So I was given the address of the NQ1 server by a friend (I played on his account for a bit last Sunday, and had a damned good laugh,) however, I cannot connect on my Mac (crashes straight to the OS) and my brothers Alienware laptop, because I get given the following error message.

Game code(ui_mp_x86.dll) failed Pure Server check. 

Now I have no idea why this is happening, nor do I really have any idea how to remedy it so I can play. 

Any help would be gratefully recieved. :)

Many thanks. Any Mac players know why the game crashes? I really want to get this going on my Mac as I can hardly keep borrowing my brothers laptop until I get my new gaming PC...

**EDIT**

For the Mac users of this game, it seems to crash when it starts downloading No Quarter, it gets to about 6% and then just keels over and doesn't give any in-game error codes, just crashes straight back to the OS, and offers the Ignore, Report, Relaunch buttons. 

I'm downloading NQ now, will try and install it and see if that makes a difference, if it doesn't have to download it, hopefully ET can skip that step. 

**/EDIT**

Edited by m0o0oeh

I you found a fix for the problem, can you share it with other Mac users here?

No fix found so far, it was a double-post but I couldn't delete it or re-edit it to say "double post" 

Guys just wondering if m0o0oeh should try downloading/installing 2.60d? I've heard it's worked on other forums but I have no idea if it'll be able to join any of FA's servers.

So just to update people, I have tried all the versions I can feasibly get a hold of, with two different versions of OSX (10.5.8, and 10.8.2) and two different Mac's (1.5 GHz G4, 1.5Gb Ram etc etc, and 2.23 GHz Core 2 Duo, 8Gb Ram, Radeon 9800 512Mb/1Gb etc) and they all fail when downloading something. I thought it was just NQ, but I found out it wasn't, because I downloaded it seperately and installed it properly, and then it failed on the next download. 

The only thing left that I can think of is to find all the files needed for the NQ servers etc, download them outside of the game, and copy them to where they need to be, and then try and connect, thus giving me the best chance of connecting to the servers. Any ideas of what I need / where to get it from? 

• Leader

Any ideas of what I need / where to get it from?

FA Downloads:

NoQuarter Mod - noquarter_1-2-3.zip 1.2.3

http://fearless-assassins.com/files/file/371-noquarter-mod-noquarter-1-2-3zip/

"NoQuarter version running on =F|A= servers."

FA Downloads:

NoQuarter Mod - noquarter_1-2-3.zip 1.2.3

http://fearless-assassins.com/files/file/371-noquarter-mod-noquarter-1-2-3zip/

"NoQuarter version running on =F|A= servers."

It's not just the NQ, it's any maps and whatever else has to be downloaded. However, I may have found a VM solution. Hoping to check it out once my car is fixed and I can get home. Don't fancy an hour walk in the freezing cold...

So an update to yesterday's post, I got my car fixed, came home, and the internet has quite literally gone up the creek, and I'm lucky if I get 1mbps down. The vm solution (kinda) works, but for some reason when I load the game, the sensitivity is thru the roof, and can't do a thing about it, tried a different VM, and that one just crashed every time I try to run the game. I just want to kill people already.... However, I have got a Windows version of ET, so I'm hoping to try it out on the parents old tower when I get in from work tonight. :)

::EDIT:: Got in before the edit disappeared. So the game works using VMWare Fusion, but the mouse sensitivity is through the floor. I can connect, I can play, but it's absolutely worthless, because i can't move or shoot accurately enough to play, I overshoot where I mean to go, and i would probably get killed before I saw my enemy. Anyway, in the actual VM the sensitivity is absolutely peachy, but in the game, with sensitivity up to the max, it's absolutely awful. Treacle moves faster than my mouse... But my plan still stands to try it out on the folk's old tower, see if that makes any difference. ::/EDIT:: 

Edited by m0o0oeh

Did u try to set up mouse and things on game menus when connected? Slow movement on mouse? See VMWare mouse issues from google also. U run it on windowed mode? Try.

Masa_1964

Masa, good shout on the VMWare mousse issue, but adding those lines of code do nothing to improve matters, and the in-game sensitivity options are already at max. 

Desert0Mirage - it's a good idea, but I don't know what files I need to download independantly in order to connect to the game - if someone, somewhere can send me a list of maps and anything else I'd need in order to play on NQ1, I would be most grateful.