WareZ

Ol Smoke

This website died a long time ago.  Warez people were caught and jailed around 1998 or 1999.

You would have had to had a 33.6 or 56k modem to remember those days.  Don't get excited about

"hacking" with this piece.  I just wanted to find some older users from back in the day.  THey can

PM me with their stories.  So lets just settle down.

• Like 2

Damn...i cant remember much about it. I know it existed when i begun to use Internet. I bought my fisrt PC in 1996 and was using a 26k modem if my old memory is good. What i can remember of that time is that it was using my phone line so no phone while using Internet.

That was a long time ago.

Gengis

• Leader

Warez was shut down?

... my fisrt PC in 1996 and was using a 26k modem if my old memory is good.

What i can remember of that time is that it was using my phone line so no phone while using Internet.

I think you probably mean 28k modem, but I can google a few references to 26k.

I well remember the choice between phone or Internet. I used to get home from work at midnight on Fridays, and would then get on the Interent for hours, gaming or web-crawling like a web-bot.  (the joke here is that a 'webcrawler' is a 'web-bot') :)

I got DSL as soon as I could after one incident. The old lady across the street that we were helping fell in the night and couldn't get up. She tried calling our house for hours, but it was always busy until I shut down.

Warez was shut down?

I think you probably mean 28k modem, but I can google a few references to 26k.

I well remember the choice between phone or Internet. I used to get home from work at midnight on Fridays, and would then get on the Interent for hours, gaming or web-crawling like a web-bot.  (the joke here is that a 'webcrawler' is a 'web-bot') :)

I got DSL as soon as I could after one incident. The old lady across the street that we were helping fell in the night and couldn't get up. She tried calling our house for hours, but it was always busy until I shut down.

There actually was a 26.4 modem hehe I had one also.. Even older a 9600.. Use to dial into a local bbs, was the closest I could get to internet at the time hehe.. When I first got inet it was long distance from a city almost 3 hours away, cost me $2 a minute.. Needless to say I didn't use it all that much lol

BBS for those who don't know what I am talking about: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bulletin_board_system

• Leader

Warez is still out there, easynews.com.

Very Funny!  I thought you wuz gonna get into trouble, but the site is actually a Usenet News Service.  :)

• Like 1

ya I remember warez 

I visted that site many of times ...loads of files 

I didn't really understand the site at first because I was just beginning to us the net

all I knew was hackers, AOL some few others site ... I was young then  lol

I remember Warez but never used it much.

My first computer was a TRS-80 with a cassette recorder for loading programs.trs-80.jpg